North America or Global Setting

golfguyw5

I am a little confused.  I normally fly west coast areas as I have a lot of ORBX sceneries and areas (California to Canada to Alaska).  When I fly in these areas my FTX

settings are always set to North America.  I just noticed my KPSP Palm Springs is a Global airport.  Should I change over to Global when flying in to or

out of this airport?

Thank you for your help.

Dennis Burke

Global Hybrid if flying from or to a full region (NCA, for example).  Just plain Global if you plan to remain flying outside a full region, say, you're planning a flight from KPSP to Denver or Salt Lake City, which are not located in a full region (CRM, for example).  Sticking with North America may result in some anomalies, we are told, but I haven't flown much down in southern California lately since getting KPSP, so I can't say for certain.

Stew

G'day Dennis,

As long as you are keeping your flying within the US, keeping your FTX Central set to NA will work just fine. KPSP and it's coverage area will look exactly the same whether you have NA or Global Hybrid set - so if you do most of your flying in the US regions (PNW/NCA etc) then it makes sense to keep FTX Central set to NA. Holger posted some useful insights into this a little while ago, see here for more info. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

G'day Dennis,

As long as you are keeping your flying within the US, keeping your FTX Central set to NA will work just fine. KPSP and it's coverage area will look exactly the same whether you have NA or Global Hybrid set - so if you do most of your flying in the US regions (PNW/NCA etc) then it makes sense to keep FTX Central set to NA. Holger posted some useful insights into this a little while ago, see here for more info. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Thanks for the clarification, Jarrad.  I agree that as long as you fly in the US, keeping NA checked in FTX Central is the preferred setting.  (Ignore my post above, I guess...).

Archived