KPSP Options

Andrew 737

Hi Jarrad

Thats Brilliant!

I will buy it then mate.

No preference it's just I have a full cockpit that runs four pc's to do the outside view - I'm just thinking of performance that's all.

I want KPSP as I fly on Pilot Edge and if there is any problem it's good to know I can just use the airport.

Thanks again

EDIT - How Would I do this?

No worries at all Andrew,

V1.0 is definitely the latest version, just make sure you have the latest ORBXlibs installed for the reasons outlined here, and if you have vector installed it's worth having a read of this topic too. 

Back to the large photoreal area; 

- Go to your ORBX/FTX_AA/FTX_AA_KPSP/scenery folder

- Rename Westsim_KPSP_PR_1m_Mountains.bgl to Westsim_KPSP_PR_1m_Mountains.bgl.OFF and Westsim_KPSP_PR_1m.bgl to Westsim_KPSP_PR_1m.bgl.OFF 

- This will disable the extended 1m PR coverage area and associated autogen. The 30cm coverage immediately surrounding the airport and downtown will remain.

But, before you do...

Try a flight with these two files still enabled and take note of the performance on your system. Your original post earlier today piqued my interest, so I did a quick test flight with and without the two 1m PR files enabled. I don't have any other addons enabled in the area aside from Global base textures, and as I suspected might be the case, I ended up with 15-18fps better performance with the 1m PR's enabled. I made a special custom set of autogen vegetation specifically for KPSP, and I also consciously didn't over-populate the vegetation agn in out-of-the-way spots on the PR, so the texture calls and agn placement files should be a little more efficient than the corresponding default/global landclass tiles. Of course everyone's system will be different, but let me know your experiences regardless, as I'd be interested to know.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Also make sure your shoreline around LAX isn't messed up as some of us were experiencing this problem over the last few months and no one really came up with a solid fix.  Some things that worked for some didn't work for others and vice versa so just make sure you actually have a coastline running north from LA.

Archived