FTX Regions side by side snow-no-snow

divermar

I have a question about what can be done to correct a visible snow line that occurs when two FTX Terrain Regions meet.  I'm assuming that there is snow because this is a winter flight but in the picture you can see snow in CRM region (right side) but no snow in the PNW region (left side).  This is flying over the Columbia river between Washington and Oregon date 3/8/2015

Here is FTX Central report of installed products:

FTX AA ORBX LIBRARIES VER 150215 15TH FEBRUARY 2015
FTX GLOBAL BASE PACK - Version 1.30 September 2014
FTX GLOBAL FREEWARE AIRPORTS NORTH AMERICA PACKS 1 to 20 - Version 1.00 January 2015
FTX GLOBAL VECTOR PACK - Version 1.20 October 2014
FTX NA CRM Central Rocky Mountains V1.00 Patch 004 February 2015

FTX NA NCA Northern California V1.10 Patch 001 June 2014

FTX NA NRM Northern Rocky Mountains V1.00 PATCH 004 April 2014
FTX NA PNW PACIFIC NORTHWEST V1.0 PATCH 008 February 2014

FTX openLC Base Region Version 1.10 - September 2013

FTX openLC Europe Region 1 (Baltics Demo) Version 1.10 - September 2013

FTX openLC North America Region 1 Version 1.00 - September 2013

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k3y8ig4nqkls3h6/ORBX_Scenery_2015-03-08_12-19-53.jpg?dl=0

The library insertion points are in the same order after installation. I'm using Hybrid mode

Thanks in advance

Mark

Hi Mark,

interesting, you seem to have discovered an inconsistency along the boundaries of the custom seasons control files for PNW and CRM that becomes obvious during February and March due to the difference between mild and hard winter seasonal variants.

I've made a note to look into this for future CRM or PNW service packs. However, it won't be an easy fix because there are other elements within each region -- photoreal areas, "freezing" waterbodies, separate airport add-ons, etc. -- that are dependent on the specific seasonal changes delivered with the current control files. That means we'd have to carefully check all those dependencies in the affected transition zone between the two products.

Cheers, Holger

I found a way to "fix" the problem.  I put the CRM lower in priority then the PNW in the Scenery configuration.  This smoothed it out completely, there isn't a line.

Mark

The next time you run FTX Central, it will put CRM at the top in alphabetical order again, so be careful.

Archived