Emo Mission waterfall jusr dribbles in FSX (with Global and Vector)

Thanks.  The idea of seasons is a good one.  However, I have looked up the rainy season in PNG, and it is December to March.  I have set flights to each of these months without any change.  So, that does not appear to be the answer as to why the waterfall only dribbles in my set up.

Its an effect, and you will either have it or not at all, that fact you see something means the scenery is present, do you run this with the payware addon 'AYPY Jacksons INTL' as intended?

It might be a system/graphics card issue, maybe you can post a screenshot of what you see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/, and perhaps add some system information

I am running it with Jackson airport etc as required.  The waterfall is present, but with only a small amout of water coming over the cliff.  As it would in the dry season.

My graphics card is Nvidia GTX 780ti and the driver is 9.18.13.3182  Resolution is 5760 x 1080 in surround with three monitors.  I am running Windows 7 Home Premium and I have 16.0 GB RAM.

Is the problem my system or some setting??????  Or an interaction between Global and Vector and the Jackson and Emo Mission programs?

Thanks for your help and advice.  I am puzzled.  I can find the dribbling waterfall, and therefore locate the turn and the Emo landing strip.  But i sure would like to be able to understand why the waterfall is so paltry.

Cheers, if you also add that number into your signature you wont get bugged by us about ONs in the future

I would be curious if that resolves it for you, as its just a default FSX effect thats been around for at least 9 years, and aside from the 'effects not showing' issue P3Dv2 had for a little while I've not heard of it only being a trickle before

Perhaps a screenshot might help if you're still having issues http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

Well, I have loaded the new driver (most current), and have gone through my fsx.cfg file pretty carefully.  The waterfall is still just a dribble.

I am beginning to think that it might be a problem associated with running DX10 (which I am) along with the modifications for Steve's Fix (which is loaded and adjusted for). The are a number of resulting NVI settings that may influence what I see.  Everything else seems to be of high quality...it is just the missing full waterfall effect.  I am totall flummoxed.

I unchecked DX10, and the waterfall still dribbles.  So it is not a DX10 issue.

However, when I switch off of full screen, and my 3 monitor surround monitor setup switches  back to a single monitor, the waterfall is full and normal. 

So, the waterfall does not work fully when all three monitors are linked and working as a single image.

That is the explanation.  Does anybody have a suggestion as to what setting might compensate for the three monitor spreading out the image so that the waterfall is reduced in effect????????

Has anybody else had such an issue when using three monitors in surround.????????

Archived