Groom Lake with grass field?

Flyingwingnut

I found the problem about the entire field it's covered with grass when I selected Groom Lake (area 51) to start my flight. That kind of texture it's totally incorrect, considering the mysterious air base was build in the middle of a desert, over a dried lake, not over an agricultural field.

Also I noticed the terrain mesh it's wrong too, and it meed some improvement. I attached some snapshot about the issue discovered, also I included a comparison with a correct textured terrain like it have Edwards AFB.

2w562oo.jpg

2hqt3xg.jpg

An area 51 scenery to be created by ORBX will be awesome. If that it's confirmed, I will buy it on day one. Meanwhile if you can fix this in a small patch, it will be really appreciated too.

Thanks.

did you try switching FTX Central to global and back to NA hitting Apply on both counts

also sometimes running the latest library files resolve some issues available here => https://www.fullterrain.com/support#Orbxlibs

or set FTX central to Global and tick the "Hybrid mode" see if that changes things

I use the following modules for US scenery:

FTX NA Gold NCA, FTX NA PFJ, PNW, CRM, NRM. Also FTX Global and Vector.

I don't know which one create such bug.

Groom Lake is not in any of the FTX regions and only Global and Vector would apply, mine looks the same with the green around the airport default textures.  IMO this is as good as it gets for a default FSX area. :)

Archived