CNK4 queerie

Ticker7

Hi Guys this isn't a support question just something I noticed which kinda spoils this new scenery. After installing CNK4 and latest libs etc I loaded the sim and went flying but noticed that on the four lane highway the traffic all moves the same way which isn't right, now it wouldn't be too bad if it was just a normal road but 4 lanes going the same way just aint right, which sadly spoils the enjoyment a little in what is another good addon from ORBX.

Just my two bobs worth. 8)

Hi Guys this isn't a support question just something I noticed which kinda spoils this new scenery. After installing CNK4 and latest libs etc I loaded the sim and went flying but noticed that on the four lane highway the traffic all moves the same way which isn't right, now it wouldn't be too bad if it was just a normal road but 4 lanes going the same way just aint right, which sadly spoils the enjoyment a little in what is another good addon from ORBX.

Just my two bobs worth. 8)

I have the same thing, as well.

Oh yeah what do ya know, the traffic is going north on both sides of Highway 400.

I think that highway is now Highway 69 near Parry Sound.  Highway 400 changes to either Highway 17, or veers off to become 69 heading towards the Parry Sound area.  I haven't traveled that way as a tourist in years...but do remember there was a split above Barrie, Ontario. I traveled up Highway 69 from Parry Sound Municipal...hoping to find the French River...where we fished for Walleye (BEAUTIFUL Walleye!) just near the bridge that over-crosses the river. It is a most beautiful place in real life, I wonder if Vlad developed that part of Ontario as a perk in the package, higher than what Global and Vector renders it?!?  It is a tourist draw magnet, for sure.

I think that highway is now Highway 69 near Parry Sound.

It is Highway 400 all the way up to 559 now. Last time I was at Parry Sound Airport I spent the day at Found Air and they were blasting the expansion for Highway 400 at that time. About every hour you would hear the sirens then the blast would rumble everything. I thought it was cool but those working at Found Air were frustrated by months of hearing that. Also goes to show how tough the Canadian Shield is for them to have to blast it with Dynamite just to expand the highway.

Anyhow the highway is finished now and it is now Highway 400 from south of the 401 in Toronto all the way to 559 north of Parry Sound, at that point it turns to 69 and the lanes are reduced to two lanes.

It is Highway 400 all the way up to 559 now. Last time I was at Parry Sound Airport I spent the day at Found Air and they were blasting the expansion for Highway 400 at that time. About every hour you would hear the sirens then the blast would rumble everything. I thought it was cool but those working at Found Air were frustrated by months of hearing that. Also goes to show how tough the Canadian Shield is for them to have to blast it with Dynamite just to expand the highway.

Anyhow the highway is finished now and it is now Highway 400 from south of the 401 in Toronto all the way to 559 north of Parry Sound, at that point it turns to 69 and the lanes are reduced to two lanes.

Thank you Matthew, for the correction and update to my area-user-knowledge!!!   I haven't been there in over 20 years...so...I see that things have changed, 'a little'.   I was wondering why Vlad had a four-lane highway structure (unless that was Vector doing its thing) going past the airport, but now the puzzlement has been put to rest.  Are they planning to take it all the way up to Sudbury, eventually?

BTW, unless the O.P.P have a 'hurricane evacuation drill' going on near the airport, and using both highway directions, northbound (LOL), they will have to fix this in the next update!!!!    ::)

Cheers!

• 1 month later...

Archived