Installing FTX with FSX-SE

Guys I've done a search but drawn a blank on the following.

I started off with a clean formatted disk. Previously this disk had FSX Deluxe SP2 and P3D v2 but decided it was time for a new start. I also used ccleaner to tidy up the registry.

I reinstalled P3D v2 and all my Orbx addons. Now when I try to install the same addons to FSX-SE the installer is try to overwite the P3D v2 despite selecting FSX from the installer menu.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ken

The issue here is with the registry info that the installer is using. When you select FSX it looks at what information is in the setup path key in the registry and uses that.

The only problem that we are experiencing with FSX:SE is the ObjectFlow dll. The installers work as is and reported problems have been with previous setups of a boxed FSX install and some remnants remains in the registry.

Hi Claude, we are not going to re-do installers to cater for a dual FSX/FSX:SE setup. 

I can't comment on the Vector config tool, but I suspect that it works on the same principle (registry entries), it might be re-coded to pick the sim, but that's for the Vector guys to look into.

Archived