Elevation problems

GrayRider

I starting to see a lot of field elevation issues, at many of my ORBX airfield addons. The air fields are there, but they no have a lot of ditches and mounds around the runways. None of them are sitting flat any longer.

I went to KORS one of my favorites. Now it has elevation issues. Something has changed the elevations of most of my addon fields. All this started a few days ago. Something has changed most of the airfield elevations, at most of the ORBX airfields.

I was at KORS about a week ago. KORS was fine then. Today KORS has elevation issues.

Any Ideas where and what to look for, or how to fix the elevation issues?. I have been using the Auto Configuration tool, when I add a new field, such as PAHO. 

Thanks for any assistance.

GrayRider

Ripcord.

I don't have the CYYJ product in my FSX. My problem must be something to do with flatten and or elevation issues. I did a spot check of numerous other ORBX fields I have installed. They to have the same problem as mentioned above.

The last field I installed was Homer, shortly after it released. Homer has the same problem . I than reinstalled the latest Library which I do after any ORBX install. Maybe something is corrupted, but I wouldn't know what to look for, or how to fix the problem.

GrayRider

make sure FTX Central is set to NA and hit Apply

fire up fsX let it rebuild it's scenery Dbase and close

go to : ...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery

look for ADE_FTX_PNW_KORS_elevation_adjustment  check that the file extension is set to .BGL also check that you don't have the same file with the .OFF extension as that creates havoc, delete the latter one

same applies for some other FTX fields with elevation issues, just check that

Wolter.

I'm in my FSX Sceney/World/ Scenery folder now

There is only one KORS elevation showing up in the scenery folder. It Shows:

ADE_FTX_PNW_KORS_elevation_adjustment.off   What should I do next. don't see any duplicates for KORS either.

GrayRider

Wolter.

As you mentioned. I went to my FSX/Scenery/World/Scenery folder. The extensions for both KORS and Homer were set to .off I changed the .off to .BGL That took care of the elevation issue, that showed up all of a sudden.  

While I was in the mentioned folder. I noticed for some reason. All the ORBX elevation_Adjustments for all my ORBX addon air fields and some others are set to .off in including all fields added  in my CRM/NCA/NRM/PFJ and SAK ORBX regions

I guess what I'm trying to say is. Everything ORBX related in my Scenery/World/Scenery folder, all elevation extensions are set to .off. Does this mean I have to change all of them one at a time from .off to .BGL?. That will take a while. Unless there's an easier way to change all of them one shot so to speak.

GrayRider

There's an old DOS command that might work, but I would hesitate to use it:  Do a find and replace (Ctrl-F) while in that Scenery/World/Scenery folder and then enter *.off in the Find field, and *.bgl in the Replace field.  Make a backup first before you try this and see what happens.  At least that's the way I remember this Find & Replace function to work.

Stew

Archived