KPSP (Palm Springs) sporadic crashes at taxiway/runway entrance post ATC clearance

Stofvel

Just purchased Palm Springs and am experiencing sporadic crashes at the end of the taxiway, post atc clearance to takeoff. Specifically at the end of taxiway to runway L31. There are ground flashing lights at the entranceway to 31, however, planes ahead of me pass over same without incident, also post atc takeoff clearance.

The crash resets the saved flight. The only addition was a patch which stopped the windsocks from spinning in FSX.

I have FTX Global, FTX Vector and freeware NA airports 1 to 20 installed.. The taxiway/runway crashes are sporadic.

Thanks for any help resolving this.

Appreciated.

Stofvel

Will do Jarrad. An impressive piece of work, by the way. I hope to be back on my system tomorrow and will attempt to recreate the scenario for screen snap however, it is a sporadic problem. Direction wise it has happened, so far, at the furthest taxiway onto 31L. FSX ground services displays this path.

Until I get the screen snap hope this offers some help.

Thanks.

Stofvel

• 1 year later...

I got this tonight too!

Taxied to 31L and crashed just as i was turning onto the runway to line up. Im using P3D3.4 and i have the latest build of KPSP. I know this wasn't AI as i have those options switched off to recognize collisions.

On 02/02/2015 at 7:10 AM, Jarrad Marshall said:

G'day Stofvel,

Sorry that you are experiencing this problem. Could you do me a favour and take a screenshot of the area you are having crashes with? This might help give some pointers at to a probable cause. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Sorry Jarrad, meant to quote you in

I actually just came to the forums to see if anyone else was having crashes at PSP because this just happened to me as well. I decided to load up the A2A Texan to fly around Palm Springs and when the scenario loaded, I made it about 5 seconds until P3D unexpectadly quit. These things sometimes can happen so I shrugged it off but loaded on a different spot of the airport. I managed to get the aircraft up and running and departed, a few seconds after rotating about 50 feet off the ground I had another crash. This is when I started suspecting something with the scenery. I wasn't having any other crashes anywhere else and I have a pretty reliable install (knock on wood).

I've had PSP for quite a long time now and never a problem so maybe it's related to the latest update in P3D?

FTX Cental 3 is saying everything is up to date. P3D version is 3.4.18.19475.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

i7 6700K

GTX 980

Hello bradley27 - my original post was feb 2015...and i did experience the crash on other ocassions, albeit sporadically. My time spent on FSX is not as frequent as it was and I had not follwed up with a screen shot - a tad difficult when the problem occurence is inconsistent. However Jarrad is the man to speak to about this issue.

I had originally purchased all my Orbx products...many...at the Flight Sim store, the Orbx sanctioned depot at the time, and have not transferred my purchase serials to Orbx since the change was made. It really ticks me off a little that this had to happen. 

Anyway, best contact Jarrad, bradley...and sorry for the delay.

....a little follow up

I finally completed the license file migration from the FlightSim Store to Orbx this past weekend. It was a relatively painless operation and the Orbx site looks great. Still haven't re attempted KPSP taxiway testing as yet, post the transfer...but will advise when I do.

Just as an FYI I am using FSX SP2 with a relatively, albeit slightly older, high-end Alienware system. Aside from Orbx products (many) I run HiFi ASN with Rex 4 Texture and Cloud and an older variant of Ultimate Traffic 2. The only terrain add-on other than Orbx is LLC Creations, Courchevel (amazing) but recently seem to be having some top of runway conflicts between Orbx and this add-on (not sure whether Orbx Vector is the culprit) but another day.

I will keep you posted after the next KPSP test.

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

Archived