Milviz 737... and why not the F-15

Benny

I own a lot of addon plane, many airliner. But the flight characteristic of the Milviz 737 as to be one of the closest thing to the real stuff.

What amazed me is the yoke reaction (called inertia in the real thing), sound, and the general feel of this addon. The 3 start mode: C&D, ready to start engine or ready to fly is superb depending on how you feel.

The biggest plane I had the pleasure of holding the yoke for 5 minutes was a Air Canada Q400. It was a training session and one of the 5 pilot is a good friend. When you move the yoke on those big thing all look slow to react, my friend called it inertia, of course (i didn't try that for sure), he said, when you turn harder it will bank. By the way, I own the Majestic Q400 and It's also amazing.

But the Milviz 737 is way up there in my book, from take off to landing.

I also bought their F-15, I don't know the English word but stomped look like a good one. I also own a few jet and this one struck me.

Men you need to be ready in your head to land that monster, and after you stopped that thing at the end of the runway (most of the time) you will be all wet. The fun thing is to load missile and see the weight of the plane change, same goes for take off condition.

Anyway, I spend (I have a big cold and some time to have fun on the sim) 6 hours in Monument Valley, Grand Canyon and death valley with that F-15 and I had a blast.

So kudos to all those great product that make my like less miserable when being sick like that.

Ben

zI1nj.jpg

NKFle0N.jpg

I couldn't agree with your post more! The 737-200 is a work of art and worthy of as much praise as we could possibly lay on it. :)

I just wish we could have the F-15 for P3Dv2! Which unfortunately isn't likely from what I understand about not having the primary programmer for it's weapons system at MILVIZ anymore.

The Milviz B732 has great frame rates for an airliner as well. Particularly if you use the steam gauges (which I prefer). There are parts of the VC that are meh, but there are parts that are stunning.

My main beef with Milviz aircraft in general is that the paintkits are terrible to work with (due to the texture mapping in the models) which really puts a damper on the number of liveries available (as well as my enthusiasm to make liveries myself), but this has nothing to do with how the plane is from a simmer pilot standpoint. I do believe though, that tons of liveries do add to marketability for airliners.

Yup, just picked up the 737-200 along with the B55 and 310, MILVIZ makes some damn good stuff!!
Loving the 737-200, what a beauty!!

Their GA aircraft are the only ones in my hangar besides A2A birds which get significant hours (that's the B55 in my signature banner below :) ).

I'm waiting for the P3D version of the F-86 right now. :)

The Milviz B732 has great frame rates for an airliner as well. Particularly if you use the steam gauges (which I prefer). There are parts of the VC that are meh, but there are parts that are stunning.

Steam gauges? Are all 6 version with stream gauge?

Exactly BUT, go see a real old 737-200 analog cockpit, it feel like it's missing something:

16822.jpg

Steam gauges? Are all 6 version with stream gauge?

Exactly BUT, go see a real old 737-200 analog cockpit, it feel like it's missing something:

16822.jpg

Closest thing are the 737 Classics. Cockpit is in fact nearly the same, as some variants were fully analogue like the ones Southwest uses. 

I second (or third, maybe fourth) the recommendation for Milviz aircraft. I prepurchased the KA350i (still in alpha) and it's a great aircraft even in the alpha stage. The C310 is one of my favorite GA aircraft. Like Phil, I too am crossing my fingers the F15 gets ported to P3D eventually. I love that jet.

I agree with Shipdriver, though, that their paint kits are a PITA. For example, the King Air uses 13 texture sheets, which is ridiculous. On top of that almost every section is in multiple pieces. Just silly.  Aligning stripes will drive one to drink. Hardly anyone will touch their paint kits with a ten foot pole. 

The lack of paints due to the horrendous paintkit is also the only reason why I haven't picked up the 737 yet...it's just a shame that such a great aircraft is spoiled by the paintkit. :(

I have zillion of paint scheme for the Just Flight 747... but I never use it  ::) 

I agree that 6 liveries is not much but the flight characteristic are awesome.

Ben

I know that you don't need hundreds of liveries just to enjoy an aircraft, but liveries for the MilViz 737 are very few. I would love to have some South African repaints, like SAA, Nationwide or Kulula, because that's the only place I've been able to fly a 732 in real life. But without a good paintkit, those paints are never going to show up and therefore this aircraft is no option for me unfortunately... :(

As a glider pilot and casual flight simmer, speaking purely from the point of view of having the feeling that you are actually flying an aircraft, I think the Milviz 732 delivers that feeling better than any other Addon I have tried. Very different aircraft but there is something common to all flight and literally the first time I tried the 732 I though, that's it!

I understood there would be no porting of the F86 to Prepar3D but based on some of these post it appears that I am happily wrong :smile: . Shame at the F15 though.

Archived