Version 2 of the FTX Definitive Guide is now available

Rob Newman

Typo on Page 10:

""I have a lot of Orbx products and I don't know what order to install them..." The answers to this commonly asked question are covered in more depth later in this guide, on page xx."

The answer doesn't refer you to a specific later page.  It simply says "xx".

Typo on Page 10:

""I have a lot of Orbx products and I don't know what order to install them..." The answers to this commonly asked question are covered in more depth later in this guide, on page xx."

The answer doesn't refer you to a specific later page.  It simply says "xx".

Thanks! Fixed and reposted... I remembered leaving that placeholder as soon as you mentioned it ;)

Sorry for being picky, but.....  ^-^

Page 38 doesn't really give you an install order of the ORBX products.  It describes how the entries should look in the Scenery Library, but what seems to be missing is the exact install order which was detailed in v1 of the guide.  For example:

However, if you prefer a solid method of installing, we would suggest the following:

FTX Global Base

FTX Global Vector

FTX Global Open LC (When Available)

Terrain Mesh

FTX Full Regions

FTX Airports

Sorry for being picky, but..... ^-^

Page 38 doesn't really give you an install order of the ORBX products. It describes how the entries should look in the Scenery Library, but what seems to be missing is the exact install order which was detailed in v1 of the guide. For example:

However, if you prefer a solid method of installing, we would suggest the following:

FTX Global Base

FTX Global Vector

FTX Global Open LC (When Available)

Terrain Mesh

FTX Full Regions

FTX Airports

Thanks again... you're absolutely right... I added this back in and reposted once more...

Excellent guide that really helps to clarify this really complex subject.

Here's a little feedback since you seem to appreciate that :)

On page 35 your excellent diagram that explains what mode to use is a little outdated. Flight plans "A" and "B" are written as if Oslo is FTX Global. Given that Norway is now covered by a full FTX region, I would recommend updating this to reflect that. If you want to keep your diagram similar you could change out Oslo with Copenhagen, Denmark, which you keep the flights in the Global region.

Excellent guide that really helps to clarify this really complex subject.

Here's a little feedback since you seem to appreciate that :)

On page 35 your excellent diagram that explains what mode to use is a little outdated. Flight plans "A" and "B" are written as if Oslo is FTX Global. Given that Norway is now covered by a full FTX region, I would recommend updating this to reflect that. If you want to keep your diagram similar you could change out Oslo with Copenhagen, Denmark, which you keep the flights in the Global region.

Good point... I will try and adjust it for future releases, but for now, seeing as it is pink on the map I'm pretending I don't have Norway installed ;)

Archived