T Duke Art Project #2 WIP

pilottj

Hey folks.  I decided to approach this project from a different mindset.  With art project #1 I was trying to get too complicated and was trying to put 40s-50s streamliner curves and pin stripes onto a very '70s' shaped airplane.   The Duke is somewhat of a unique shape from a painting perspective, it's not quite the boxy shape like the RV-7, thus limits some of the scheme. styles.  I decided to shift my mindset to a more '70s' idea with the scheme, this is my result.  I still may play with the tail a bit, but I think this flows with the shape of the plane better.   I may or may not add nacelle art when the official T Duke paint kit is released.  I saved the layers so I can try different color variations later, such as with a silver base.  I also created a custom VC panel by combining the wood and black panels, I might work out a custom interior as well.

Cheers

TJ

PILOT-PC-2015-jan-28-007468c0.th.jpg PILOT-PC-2015-jan-28-006623b1.th.jpg PILOT-PC-2015-jan-28-005f72ca.th.jpg PILOT-PC-2015-jan-28-004e3955.th.jpg PILOT-PC-2015-jan-28-0036be7d.th.jpg

Archived