Vector 1.20 installer

The download section says to install 1.20 you need 1.15 and to install 1.15 you need 1.10? where is the 1.10 download?

Or does 1.20 come with a full installer not needing any previous versions? then that would be nice if it was mentioned on the support site from FTX.

Herman

Totally mist the point Reg. I have 1.20, the question is to the ORBX team in case people have to do a complete reinstall. The support site says for 1.20 you need 1.15 and for 1.15 you need 1.10 but 1.10 isn't there to download anymore!! some people installed in the wrong order but if 1.20 is a full installer then they should mention that on the site as to not make the confusion any bigger and causing lots of problems to people that can be avoided.

Herman

Simple answer, 1.10 was never released as a patch, it was only available for purchase. So when 1.15 was released in April last year, the only version available for purchase was 1.10. 

So if someone wants to do a re-install 2 options; use the 1.10 which you have from FSS (this assumes have not downloaded the 1.20 from your account and have kept the original 1.10), then 1.15 & 1.20.

Or, use the full 1.20 currently available from FSS.

Thanks Ed, but it looks like there come the problems, I did go from 1.10 to1.15 and then to 1.20 with no problems at all, the people here with trees and buildings on the airports are all people that installed the full 1.20 version directly and in another post here we did some testing and it looks like the Vector AEC tool from them doesn't work; or it doesn't put any airport in the disabled site or when it does it doesn't load the original airport background  file anymore, in theire Vector APT,scenery folder are no ABP_ICAO_Default.bgl files when an airport is disabled, non what so ever nor ABP_ICAO_Default.inactive files if an airport is put back to the enabled site?

I suggested a full reinstall from scratch to see if that helps them, if not then I hope one of PILOTs people will step in and help.

Herman

Archived