Longview Ranch-No Buildings

jb44mag

I hadn't flown og39 in a while and decided to fly it today.  No buildings at LongView or at  any other of the "fields" included in this package.  There is a windsock, and cattle at one field, but no buildings.

Downloaded the latest update to Central Rockies and installed. 

No buildings in:

North America

FTX Global Hybrid Mode

FTX Global Hybrid Mode, unchecked.

Suggestions?

Regards,

-Jim

Thanks for the reply.  I've just downloaded the lib file you pointed to, and installed it.  Unfortunately there is no improvement.  At the end of the installation the following error was presented:

error in dll.xml:</simbase.document>tag not found.

I restarted FSX anyway and there still are no buildings or adjunct aircraft.  Only a windsock and lighted pad where the building should be.

Any further ideas?

Best regards,

-Jim

Ken,

Thanks for the reply and taking a look at my/our problem.  Per your suggestion, I reloaded my original OG39 (OrbxFTXNAOG39100) and during the installation the same error occurred as when I loaded the lib file. (error in dll.xml:</simbase.document>tag not found)  Starting FSX at OG39, still no buildings. The OG39 installer indicates this is OG39.100.  Is there an update file I missed for OG39?  

Anyway, still no buildings.  More suggestions for a fix please.

Regards,

-Jim

I did a complete reinstall of the og39 scenery, and had no buildings, I then installed the latest orbs libs and to correct elevation issues also ran the vector adjustment tool.

Everything now works perfect.

I haven't installed any of the freeware airports, but unless there's another og39 amount them then it shouldn't have any effect.

Check your scenery lib and see where it's placed in the order, you could put it at the top just to ensure nothing is affecting it.

Cheers

I'm getting pretty confused.  "Vector Adjustment Tool"? ????? What is that and where is it?

-Jim

I did move OG39 to the top of the scenery list, but still no buildings.

-Jim

open your your FSX Drive\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX GLOBAL VECTOR Configuration Tool.exe"

click on Airport Eleation Corrections and run the auto configuration. this will fix any elevation adjustments needed.

did you manually run the ModuleInstaller.exe located here Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_OG39\Scenery\ModuleInstaller.exe

due to the seasons all objects ate controlled by this.

cheers

Ken

There are no files on my computer with the names:

ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX GLOBAL VECTOR Configuration Tool.exe

or

ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_OG39\Scenery\ModuleInstaller.exe

Nothing containing Vector Configuration or ModuleInstaller

I'm at a complete and getting more confused..  Are these "hidden" files?

-Jim

Go to folder options in windows explorer, select view

tick the "Show hidden files, folders or drives" box

UNtick the "Hide extensions for known file types" box

UNtick the "Hide protected operating system files" box

hit Apply to all folders

the Vector CP exe is located at the ...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR folder

the Moduleinstaller for OG39 is located at the ...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_OG39\Scenery folder

Maybe this can be of help and I'll attach my dll.xml file zipped up maybe that can solve your issue,

the path => C:\Users\-your name-\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\dll.xml

make sure to set FTX Central to FTX Global and hit apply

backup the original you have with changing the file extension to .txt then compare it with mine using notepad

Wolter_FTX_dll.xml.zip

Walter, thanks for the reply and file.

I think we might be narrowing in on the problem.  I replaced the ddl.xml file on my system with yours, directly.  My file only had six lines, all from PDMG.  God only knows where the FTX files went.

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>PMDG Interface</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_Interface.dll</Path>
    <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
    <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
  </Launch.Addon>

After putting your file in my system, I started FSX with Central in Global mode.  Several messages came up relating to updating PMDG, which I didn't note.  Then a message saying that RAASPRO was out of date, but it wouldn't update re PMDG 777.

I installed PMDG777 last year and probably didn't fly out of OG39 after that.  Selecting OG39 after starting FSX, there were still no buildings.  I'm going to try to reinstall it. If that doesn't work, I will try and unstall PMDG777.  PMDG is also working on the problem.

I'll keep you informed.

Regards,

-Jim

Final update, I believe you can mark this as answered.  

After doing all the above, regarding dll.xml, I reinstalled OG39 and buildings/objects are back.

Thanks for all you help.

Best regards,

-Jim

Archived