Light Configurator...even smaller lights?

Meta

I guess this idea was a lead balloon.  I just wanted to say, I run all my lights at the smallest setting in the app and they look good.  I just always wonder what they would look like if they were even smaller.  More realistic in the distance?  More realistic street lights?

I tend to agree with your sentiment about the size of the lights..But the only change I have found that helps a little is to use a ":sparkly" halo in the main program.. it's not to everyone's taste, but I like it..As a matter of fact I did a night flight around the North of England just to Check (and admire) my lighting about two hours before reading your post..I was quite impressed with the lights, but sadly I did not take any screenies... Teecee.

PS: I am running Prepar3d V2.4.

I tend to agree with your sentiment about the size of the lights..But the only change I have found that helps a little is to use a ":sparkly" halo in the main program.. it's not to everyone's taste, but I like it..As a matter of fact I did a night flight around the North of England just to Check (and admire) my lighting about two hours before reading your post..I was quite impressed with the lights, but sadly I did not take any screenies... Teecee.

PS: I am running Prepar3d V2.4.

What is the sparkly halo of which you speak?

It's an ancient artifact that I dug up (FS2004) available here.. http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=32913653and it is fine in all the later Sims. I have used it for many years quite safely.. No guarantee that you will like it, but if you save a copy of the original Halo you can always swap it back.. Teecee.

Here are a couple of screenies using the sparkly Halo.. As you can see, it does not change all the lights, but I feel it is an improvement.. click on the screenshot to enlarge.

PX4sa.jpg

It's an ancient artifact that I dug up (FS2004) available here.. http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=32913653and it is fine in all the later Sims. I have used it for many years quite safely.. No guarantee that you will like it, but if you save a copy of the original Halo you can always swap it back.. Teecee.

Hmmm...that link's not working for me.

Hi there,

FYI, our lights don't use the default halo.bmp file so any replacements won't influence the residential and street lights at all, only default airport lighting.

The size and colors of our lights are determined by the custom light textures themselves so the only way to alter them beyond what our configuration tool offers is to modify those textures. Obviously, you'd need to know how to do that and also be mindful of the mipmaps they contain, as they need to be manually tweaked to not reduce long-distance visibility.

Cheers, Holger

Archived