Trees at EGNJ - Humberside, UK

JoHubb

The pic says it all. There is an abundance of trees on the ramp, and the static aircraft is in a bad place.

I am runing Europe Region with FTX England. (Win7 x64). The latest scenery libraries are installed, and have been redownloaded and reinstalled again today.

I do not have UTX, or UK2000 scenery.

I have rebooted, and re-run FSX a number of times with the same result.

What to do?  Thanks! 

410685187.jpg

I would start with the basics:

Set FTX Central to Global and put a check in the Hybrid mode box, then click apply.

Make sure mesh resolution is set at 5m.

Reinstall the latest Orbx libs.

Do a scenery cache flush.

Have you altered your scenery library priority order?

Hi John

Here is a photo of my Humberside :

4ozqT.png

It shows not a tree out of place and comparing the trees to your ones I would question whether your photo is showing Orbx or default trees as yours appear to be very sparse compared to the ones I have.

I also do not have a static aircraft in my scenery.

Kind regards

Ian

I would start with the basics:

Set FTX Central to Global and put a check in the Hybrid mode box, then click apply.

Make sure mesh resolution is set at 5m.

Reinstall the latest Orbx libs.

Do a scenery cache flush.

Have you altered your scenery library priority order?

I did all this. Same problem.

The latest Orbx scenery library was below all other FTX areas when I posted the pic.

When I used Global, and reinstalled the scenery library, the installers moved the library to above the FTX airports.

It made no difference. The trees and the static plane remain obstinately in place.

Hi John

Here is a photo of my Humberside :

It shows not a tree out of place and comparing the trees to your ones I would question whether your photo is showing Orbx or default trees as yours appear to be very sparse compared to the ones I have.

I also do not have a static aircraft in my scenery.

Thanks for your advice. Sadly, it's not much use to me as you are running P3D v.2, and it looks like it's the summertime ::)

Oh, and I am using Orbx trees. 

Hi John

OK here is one in Winter :

CeDcB.png

I have tried to anticipate where you took photo and hopefully I am nearly  there. I also am using Orbx trees and as you will see, there is still a difference. I know I am using P3D but this should not matter. I commented on the trees before but on looking at your photo, you also seem to have elevation problems in the background.

Have you set your insertion point correctly. I usually set mine by going to FTX Central and in the insertion point tool, I click 'Addon Scenery' in the Library file and then 'Set Insertion Point ' followed by 'Save and Exit'.

This usually puts everything where it should be without moving everything individually.

I hope I have been of some help

Kind regards

Ian

Hi John,

looks like you might have a third-party add-on for that airport or the area. You can see in your first screenshot that there are elevation problems as well -- the "trenches" in the background. This could be a scenery add-on the excludes the FTX England airport grass polygon and flatten (note that the autogen trees look quite different from Ian's screenshot too), or an airport file just for ENGJ.

Do you have any add-ons active above the Orbx/FTX block of entries? If so then you could either temporarily deactivate them or use the FTX Central insertion point tool to move the FTX block to the top so you can quickly cross-check whether the issue is due to third-party add-ons or internal to the Orbx entries.

Cheers, Holger

Hmm....this is what happens when I put the insertion point at the very top.  When I posted the first pic the insertion point was at Addon Scenery as per Ian's suggestion.

I have searched my entire PC for EGNJ-containing .bgl files and found only these:

They are both dated 23/04/2014 and are in FTX_EU_ENG_05 folders:

ADE_FTX_ENG_EGNJ.BGL 

ADE_FTX_ENG_EGNJ_CVX.BGL

These are FTX vector files dated 26/02/2014:

ABP_EGNJ.bgl 

AEC_EGNJ.bgl

APT_EGNJ.bgl

In particular, there is no EGNJ in \Addon Scenery\scenery

I checked the scenery.cfg file and found this at the top:

[General]

Title=FS9 World Scenery

Description=FS9 Scenery Data

Clean_on_Exit=True

It surprised me a little but perhaps it's a red herring!

I have checked through all the Scenery Library and cannot see any other sceneries for the same area, or even near.  I have made mistakes before though, and I admit I must have missed something. Obvious, it is not, though. 

410686214.jpg

Thanks to all for your interest and help.

Yes, I have it loaded. I had it above all the vector areas except ORBX!VECTOR_AEC because I was told on other ORBX boards to load Local, Global, Vector, LC in that order.

ORBX!VECTOR_AEC is right at the bottom above Default Scenery.

I have now placed the openLC EU areas below all the vector areas except ORBX!VECTOR_AEC - which I understand must be third up from the bottom scenery area.

The nearby airports at Brough (EGNB) and Scampton (EGXP) both display perfectly. The problem appears to be specific to Humberside (EGNJ).

This is the latest display with the Trike on a GA parking spot. 

410686728.jpg

Quote from the AEC configuration tool: You should only do this if you have compatibility problems with 3rd party add-on airports.

I don't have a 3rd party addon for EGNJ which is why I did not run the tool, although I thought about it.... 

But I ran the tool and :D Problem solved!

Holger, I am grateful for your interest and, if I may diverge, you once gave me advice on FDE's for helicopters in the FS2002 days. I did actually manage to minimise the take-off run, thanks to you!

Can I make two suggestions?

1. That the instructions for the AEC configuration tool are changed. From what you say it would seem that the tool should always be used for FTX Global airports which overlap with any of the regional FTX sceneries, not just 3rd party addons. If I had known that it would have saved us all a lot of trouble.

2. That ORBX provides a fool-proof way of arranging priorities in the scenery library, and in particular it explains more clearly how to use the insertion point. There is a lot of contradictory advice floating around on these and other boards which only serves to confuse.

Thanks again to all who took the trouble to reply to my post! 

Archived