ORBX Newbie Help Request

ozgurcd

Hello,

I am new to ORBX. I installed both OrbxFTXGlobal110 and OrbxFTXNAGoldNCA100 (patched w/ OrbxFTXNAGoldNCAPatch001). Also, I set the active region as "North America".

However, when I open FS X and fly in Northern California the graphics looks horrible, not as it should be. Also, there are lots of black figures (Houses or trees I suppose) as you can see in the screenshots attached.

Any suggestions ? What do I need to check ?

Thank you

Order numbers: 307121 and  284679

I am using Win 8.1 and FS X SP2. Only add-on currently installed is ORBX.

After installing anything ORBX *always* install, or re-install (yes, everytime!), the latest ORBX libraries, which you will find on their support pages. That's probably your first step if you haven't already.

Hi there..try recycling your regions in FTX Central.

You should have 2 regions if I am reading you correctly

Global and North America.

So,if you are on North America at the moment hit the global icon and apply..once that's accepted ..do the same with North America.

Then try FSX again

Stu

Hi,

Please, tell us more about settings you are using for your FSX. Your screenshots show both problem of textures and autogen populating.

Have a look at the PDF manual of the scenery through FTX Central.

Hello Richard

My FS settings in the screenshots below

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5v4gkio4bqxh6sl/1.PNG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ov8sswz5ocau7r/2.PNG?dl=0

HW configuration is: 

32Gb RAM

Intel Xeon E5-1650 v2 @ 3.5Ghz (12 Core)

AMD FirePro D500 (FireGL V) x 2

Windows 8.1

FS X w/ SP2

Thank you

Kiwi Stu:  Yes, I remember installer was pointing the C:\FSX  directory which is my FS X Installation base dir.

Holy Cheese: Yes, I have "Preview DX10" enabled. Otherwise FS X crashes as soon as I start it. I looked for Steve's FS X Fixer but it seems temporarily unavailable ):

Thank you

Some of your settings are a bit off, the user guides that ship with each product have information on recommended settings. 

A few quick ones would be to disable DX10 preview mode unless you intend on installing the fixer files, whether freeware or payware. From there try:

Filtering: Anisotropic

Mesh complexity: 100

Mesh resolution: 5m

Texture resolution: 7cm

Water effects: Low 2.x, or other lower settings. Max 2.x is very taxing

Hello Alex,

I've adjusted the settings as you suggested, still same ): I cannot disable DX10 since when I do FS is crashing.

But, as kiwi stu pointed, it doesn't even seem like ORBX at all, it seems FS X's own scenery but when I look the scenery menu I can see ORBX sceneries at the top and enabled. Also, another issue is: When I install ORBX components it didn't even ask for licensing information. It was just "next next" to me.

I believe it might be because this is my 2nd installlation of FS X on this computer and ORBX somehow uses the previous installations leftover settings.

What do you think ?

Thank you
Ozgur

Hi Ozgur,

From the screenshots in your original post Northern California is definitely installed. The photoreal areas are present and the black boxes show that the autogen is present. Not cooperating with DX10, but there.

If you had a previous installation then the licensing information stored in your registry will be found by the FSS wrapper and used so no licensing information will be requested. 

It does look like your system is suffering an extreme case of the blurries though, which usually indicates it is having trouble keeping up with the scenery load. Are you using any tweaks in your FSX.cfg file? 

Regards,

Alex

Hello again,

Just to test I disabled "Preview DX10" and, yay ! everything works perfectly... until. a crash.  In my case (Windows 8,1) FS X keeps crashing if I disable that settings.

Any workaround for this while keeping ORBX running as it should be ?

Hi Ozgur,

Just one thing: FSX works badly with dual GPU graphic cards ou dual linked cards (such as crossfire or SLUI). I just notice you have unusual rig with Xeon and AMD FirePro D500. Those cards are fine for 3D modelling or video but erratic with FSX. Maybe you have to unactivated one GPU when playing FSX if possible. Try to investigate in that way

Archived