DLL issue

Hi guys,

I could so far install New Zealand North and South. 
Just installed them at first because I would at first test the FSX SE before I install the whole stuff.

Normally it is said that you have to installed the actual Orbx Libs. There I get the error message. 
I think it is already known what I have seen so far in the forum.

Does the developers could already find the root cause ?
Does you really need the Orbx Libs ?
For what it will be needed ?

Cheers

Marco

I have the problem with Southern Alaska and 4 of the airports I bought.  Anyway, I deleted out the DLLs and have no ill effects.  Probably missing the animation, but as far as I've tested, there is no problems that I've see anywhere.  I would like to know if and when they will be releasing a fix for these, but there is no news yet.

I have the problem with Southern Alaska and 4 of the airports I bought.  Anyway, I deleted out the DLLs and have no ill effects.  Probably missing the animation, but as far as I've tested, there is no problems that I've see anywhere.  I would like to know if and when they will be releasing a fix for these, but there is no news yet.

There are missing objects at the airports, and as reported by wings138 some animations are not there. For example, at Milford sound I cannot see the animated grass, dogs and people are missing etc.

There has not been one update on a possible fix from Orbx concerning the dll/Orbx libary issue, and it's coming up on a month since release of steam edition. I suppose they do not want to commit to a timeframe and potetntially not deliver on a promise they cannot keep. Still, it would be nice to hear something.

Other companies have put the status of Steam edition on their frontpages, I do not think it is quite fair of FTX to refrain from posting incompatability problems on their fullterrain.com portal. As of now, the products do not perform fully as advertised.

Orbx are without a doubt leaders in scenery add-ons, I would just like to see them at their best!

I am sure that they will need time. But this was not my question.

Does I really need the Orbx Libs or can I use the scenery also without the Orbx Libs?
For what is the Orbx Libs needed ?

What will not work in the FSX SE when you have not the Orbx Libs installed ?
Or does some parts of Orbx Libs will be installed but not all of them are working ?

I just to wanted know in this case if it make sense to use the Addons in the FSX SE already or not.

Cheers

Marco

Surely people can wait for a while and let Orbx set up a fix?.. They have said that they would work on it, and they will, but remember this people, they do not have to do this..Their products sell well for the existing sims, and they will have very little to gain in sales for this (SE) product as most will already have the addons, and just want to add them to a new style of sim. Teecee.

I am sure that they will need time. But this was not my question.

Does I really need the Orbx Libs or can I use the scenery also without the Orbx Libs?

For what is the Orbx Libs needed ?

What will not work in the FSX SE when you have not the Orbx Libs installed ?

Or does some parts of Orbx Libs will be installed but not all of them are working ?

I just to wanted know in this case if it make sense to use the Addons in the FSX SE already or not.

Cheers

Marco

Ok, I will answer this, because no one will directly answer your questions.

First off, the only things that don't  work are the Flow DLLs.  When you install packages like Southern Alaska and some of the airports and then load FSX it will ask you if you trust them, I found that if I said yes I then got another message about compatibility, If I then said yes, FSX-SE wouldn't load.  So, I deleted out the DLLs that came with these packages and it's been fine, I was at a couple airports, and everything else was working fine.  I even went to Yellowknife (FREE airport in one of the Global Add-ons) and found people walking in circles like before, all the buildings and statics are still there.  So, I don't see any problem with that.  I do have the Orbx libraries installed, I'm running in DX10 mode and all the scenery etc. seems to be fine.

I found that I can't do a flight over 6 or 7 hours now, and think it has something to do with vector, because the moving maps on the GPS (default and payware aircraft) doesn't move and refresh right.

Anyway, I hope that this will give you a good enough answer.

ObjectFlow is used to control when certain scenery elements appear, for example lights controlled by OF will turn on at night, the peopleflow models are clothed in summer/winter clothing.

By not having the DLL working, you will miss those scenery elements and this impacts airports. This is the only element of Orbxlibs that does not work. All library objects that are placed and used normally (not by OF) will display as normal.

Surely people can wait for a while and let Orbx set up a fix?.. They have said that they would work on it, and they will, but remember this people, they do not have to do this..Their products sell well for the existing sims, and they will have very little to gain in sales for this (SE) product as most will already have the addons, and just want to add them to a new style of sim. Teecee.

No, they don't have to fix it. But it will go a long way towards instilling goodwill with people like myself who got out of FSX for several years, and am just now re-immersing myself with the availability of the Steam edition. I purchased some of the ORBX addon's more as a thank you to them for making the Tasmania and PNW regions free.

The steam edition could bring in much needed new blood into aviation, and judging by how many reviews there are on steam already, the interest is there. And dovetail released the patch yesterday, eager to support the community (under much derision and backlash, unfortunately).

No, they don't have to fix it. But it will go a long way towards instilling goodwill with people like myself who got out of FSX for several years, and am just now re-immersing myself with the availability of the Steam edition. I purchased some of the ORBX addon's more as a thank you to them for making the Tasmania and PNW regions free.

The steam edition could bring in much needed new blood into aviation, and judging by how many reviews there are on steam already, the interest is there. And dovetail released the patch yesterday, eager to support the community (under much derision and backlash, unfortunately).

Especially FSX SE is a big improvement. Much better FPS than with FSX. I think that Orbx is interested as well that the people will have the best experience with the flight sim. When you can have the highest settings in the FSX SE then you will have the best quality experience.

I saw already posts where they couldn't do it with FSX (only middle settings), now with FSX SE (high settings).

Also a lot of new people coming to the Flight Simulation. See how many complains were existing because of the Learning Centre of the FSX (issue is fixed since 12.01.2015). Experienced users will not use the Learning Centre anymore so there you can see how many new users we have.

So not everybody is like teecee. I like it that a lot of new users are coming in. They will for sure purchase Orbx products as well.

Just to throw in my thoughts: FSX:SE was on sale for £4/$5. A lot of people bought it who had never used FSX or any other sim before, and it also brought back a lot of people who gave up simming a while ago.

Peter Jackson and his team at DTG are very, very intelligent people; I know this first hand having been a TS customer for years. They know exactly how to market this product, as they have a lot of experience under their belt with marketing for Train Sim (frequently putting it on sale for £4/$5 as well). Once they have the customer, then they can bring in the DLC, and that's where the money is made. I have no doubt Orbx will see a rise of sales as a result of FSX:SE being released, which is fantastic, because Orbx deserve it for their amazing products.

Just my 2 cents.

Archived