Installing error in ORBX GLOBAL BASE

Hi ivieta, for my part, i can install FTX Global Base in the FSX:SE  (have no other FSX installed ! ) BUT ... 

i have a few problems with it, flying around and have kind of a black square around ... i think we all have

to wait,untill orbx releases a FSX:SE Patch for all of their products. It may work with the installer, but i 

think, there are a lot of problems "in the back" which you can´t see directly, even if the installation was ok.

BR.

Mike

if you see the black squares, it's because your in DX10 mode, see the first topic here for links to the fix that needs to be applied.  I had that problem, did the fix, and all done.  There are two links, one is for free, and there are no issues with the free one.

Don't know how to help with the effects as I don't understand why it would be looking for it as it replaces texture, but then I don't know every detail about it.  Sorry.

By the way, there are some helpful topics on steam as well, so you might want to go check those out as well.

Sorry wings, but no DX 10 Mode was on at all ... didn´t wrote that as well... but ok....

you know what ? Tweaking and self-programming sucks...so it s always better to wait

for officall - patches especially if we talk about payware addons. just my 2 cents..

Hey I understand when it comes to making changes.  I look forward to the official fixes, but when a designer of Orbx suggest using a product to fix the DX10 and it work better then before, I go with it.

Hope you find answers to your issues...  later.

Is there a solution to this "Effects" Issue? I see people all over the place asking about it. Maybe I need to spend more time hunting down fixes for all this frikkin software.

Yes, there is a solution. Turn your "Special effects detail" (Under Scenery in display settings) down to "medium". Effects such as waterfall spray, wheel smoke, water wakes etc will now magically appear :-)

Saw this on a forum somewhere and I was happy it worked, sorry I can't give credit to the person who discovered this.

When I started purchasing and installing this software myself I knew I was taking a risk because I know the basics with computers. Ive learned alot and have had pretty good luck on most addons. Even frikkin EZDOC.  Ive reinstalled windows once because of a screw up. Not going to do it again.

Im not going to start changing things in the registry or anywhere else.

I cannot get any Orbx products to install on FSX Steam.      Cannot create Effects folder.

I cannot get any Orbx products to install on FSX Steam.      Cannot create Effects folder.

I had a .Net framework error reporting the effects folder missing; I continued with the installation and all seems to be working fine, hope this helps!

• 1 month later...

Hi there not a reply nut don't know how to start a  topic 
Please can some one help me 
I purchased ftx global wales rex ect
when I download unzip start it, it goes to the reg screen where I input my details and it say as follows

Server has not specified a length and wont let me go any further  ?

Can Someone help please
when I finished my download and input the correct details into the correct places in the purchase
authorize  page it says server did not specify a length and that's it sod u like ?

Hi there not a reply nut don't know how to start a  topic 

Please can some one help me 

I purchased ftx global wales rex ect

when I download unzip start it, it goes to the reg screen where I input my details and it say as follows

Server has not specified a length and wont let me go any further  ?

Please do not hijack others topic. Open your own topic and if you do not use FSX:Steam then open it here:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/15-full-terrain-experience-ftx-payware-support-forum/

Also add your order number according to the rules: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/1157-important-notice-please-add-your-order-to-your-sig-for-support/

Archived