No "Install Folder" Defined

pchan6129

I purchase FTX Global Base Pack yesterday and am having difficult installing.  In the "Ready to Install" step of the setup wizard, it lists two settings that it will used: 1) Install Folder, 2) Shortcut Folder.  

The value for "Shortcut Folder" is "Orbx." However, the value for "Install Folder" is blank and there's no where in the setup wizard for me to define this target folder.  If I do continue with the installation, I get a "Setup can not create the following folder: \Effects"

I am using this on FSX: Steam Edition.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled FSX, Steam app a few times already but with no luck.

Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

The problem that you are facing is with your registry. This is occurring when people are installing FSX:SE on a system that has previously had the boxed version installed.

If you look at this forum http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/188-fsx-steam-edition-support-forum/you will similar reports and users fixing the issue with a regsitry repair utility. There are a few available and I recommend the one from TweakFS.

Ed,

Thanks for info. I did find a solution that worked. It was a registry change.  For the benefit of others, the change was to add an new String Value called "SetupPath" with a value of "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\Common\FSX"  (in my specific case). This was added to the following registry path:  "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0"

The reference post is here.

I am running into another problem (black blocks dotting the landscape and no water features), but this is another issue. The installation of FTX Global Base was successfully for me after this registry change.

Thanks again.

Archived