Steam Edition - FTX Global KPSP not Loading

I ordered FTX Global and KPSP Palm Springs today for FSX:SE. I had boxed FSX on my system over a year ago and ran into the radio error while installing FTX Global I easily fixed this with a registry fixer found on these forums. 

Now after install FTX Global and Palm Springs FTX Central could not find the scenery.cfg. I tried to validate using FTX Central and got nothing. I check the FSX folder in steamapps and confirmed all the files from global and palm springs were there. I found a work around on another forum that had me change the FSX-SE folder in appdata and rename it to FSX which I did and I was able to verify scenery.cfg with FTX Central.

I loaded up FSX:SE and I have default textures :( I'm pretty much out of ides hopefully someone had this issue and also knows a work around.

Welcome.

Would you please post or add to your signature your order

number which should start with FSS....

Thank you.

A search of this forum should provide you with the "workaround"

you need.

Added and I have been searching for a while now and I haven't found anything other than the corrections I tried 

Thanks.

Do I understand that at one stage you had FSX installed but no registry entries,

then you added them to solve that problem but now, you don't have FSX

installed but you still have the registry entries?

Whether this is the case or not, this topic explains very well exactly what needs to be done.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/89673-temporary-workaround-for-installing-orbx-scenery-with-fsxse/

"workaround"?

Thanks.

Do I understand that at one stage you had FSX installed but no registry entries,

then you added them to solve that problem but now, you don't have FSX

installed but you still have the registry entries?

Whether this is the case or not, this topic explains very well exactly what needs to be done.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/89673-temporary-workaround-for-installing-orbx-scenery-with-fsxse/

"workaround"?

Yup that actually got Global and Palm Springs to work thank you problem solved :)

Archived