Blurry terrain after FTX Global installed

Maximus Sulla

Thanks, do you have any recommendations to any specific slider/setting? I also use REX TextureDirect 4. The area on my screenshots is near KLAX

Also, for some reasons the blurr shows only on nearby area while all father away seem to be perfectly fine. I have LOD set to 8.5 - any suggestions to that?

LOD set at 8.5 is way too high, especially for that 1Gb video card.  Turn it down to 4.5 and work up from there.  No wonder you have blurries, and you're over a graphics-heavy urban scene on top of that.  I would suggest that you put your Radeon card back in the box and upgrade to a mid- or high-level Nvidia card (at least 2Gb) and then you're set up to run DX10.  You'll never go back to DX9.

LOD of 8.5 with that graphic card..thats too high...bring it down to 4.5 as told by stewart...also upgrade your graphic card..with just global you may be fine with this graphic card but along with rex 4 textures..if tht too set at thigh resolution..ur PC is meant to bottle neck....

Also you have not mentioned the speed of ur CPU...if you have less than 4 GHz..tht too adds to the issues...overclock it if possible,...increase the fiber time main fraction to 0.33(which is default)..

cheers

govind

Thanks, guys. I did decrease LOD to 6.0 - and brought some sliders down, one that helped a lot was decrease cloud distance to 90. So it is better but yes, I do need to upgrade the card; looking for either NVidia 970 or Radeon R9 - 290X with 4Gb

The processor is i7 running @3.7

Thanks again and Happy New Year to all.

all the way choose nvidia...

+1.  Assuming your running FSX, should you ever wish to run it with DX10, an Nvidia card will be much more likely not to object.  And the documentation here on the forum to help you with DX10 is outstanding.  If you're using P3D, then never mind. ;)

Yeah, I most probably will go with GIGABYTE GV-N970G1 GAMING-4GD GeForce GTX 970 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0; its about $50 more than SAPPHIRE TRI-X OC 100362-2SR Radeon R9 290 4GB 512-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 though. BTW why do you think Radeon will "object" to DX10? The specs say it supports DX11.....???

Yeah, I most probably will go with GIGABYTE GV-N970G1 GAMING-4GD GeForce GTX 970 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0; its about $50 more than SAPPHIRE TRI-X OC 100362-2SR Radeon R9 290 4GB 512-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 though. BTW why do you think Radeon will "object" to DX10? The specs say it supports DX11..... ???

Whether the Radeon supports DX11 is irrelevant--FSX cannot.  I'll admit my less capable Radeon 7790 just wasn't up to running DX10, no matter how I tweaked it.  My Nvidia GTX770, on the other hand, has no problems.  And as I said previously, the support for running DX10 Preview with Nvidia cards here on the DX10 Discussion forum is excellent.  Personal opinion, but AMD still hasn't quite measured up to Nvidia since taking over Radeon.  Maybe for other high level games, I don't play 'em, but not for this flight sim, whether FSX or P3D.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived