Still need info on OpenLC.

alexzar14

Guys, from what I've read it is a set of textures, that's all I understand so far. Please inform me whether it is so, or there is more to it.

I have Orbx base and vector, I am extremely happy with it and can't make up my mind about the OpenLC.

Does it replace already beautiful textures  with more beautiful textures? (Orbx Base textures with openLC textures). I'm happy with what I have, I'm being nervous about altering it unless there is something I don't know.

In a nutshell, OpenLC main job is to assign textures . It tells the sim to put urban textures where cities and village are in the real world, forest textures where forests are, field textures where fiields are and so on and so forth. The sim does a notoriously poor job at it and OpenLC brings thus a new level of realism.It also carries new textures specific to some European regions.

It is an oversimplification but I guess you get the idea ?

New textures? Certainly. How? I think a lot of work to relocate them and manage them. So mate by the experience of hundreds and hundreds of fan of Orbx is guaranteed that the textures of Europe will be better!

And now with this first update was even better.

So if you haven't yet, you're missing a lot!

Regards,

Archived