Elevation issues with YMLT

rocciann

Well I appear to be suffering from some scenery error with YMLT (also had similar issues with YLIL but Ive uninstalled it for now until I sort out why Im having these issues). My payware orbx airports are ok.

Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling and also the vector configurator (neither of these airports appear to be represented in the configurator).
I installed YMLT after installing global and vector and then AU SP4 plus the patch and the most recent libraries. Tried to include a couple of JPEG in here but wasnt able to.  Essentially the runway is undulating and my trike half sinks into the runway...almost like there is something else superimposed on top. 

Thanks in advance for your help.
Cheers
R

I *may* have solved the problem or at least provided a temporary solution.  I noticed a file called  "ORBX_YMLT_ADE_CVX.bgl" in the Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_AIRPORTS\Scenery\  directory.  By removing this it solved the problem without impacting on anything else other than to get rid of the weird runway effect.

Also for YLIL if anyone is interested, if you remove the ORBX_YLIL_APX.bgl file it exposes what I think is a trike runway.  Ive left it in however because it gives YLIL a grassy airfield feel which I think was the intent.

Cheers

R

• 7 months later...

I am glad you found a solution, but in all honesty, there must be another cause for your problem, as YMLT and YLIL have been around in Orbx since day one, with no problem. I think perhaps your "fix" will cause more trouble that in solves. Perhaps one of the team can throw more light on this matter? Teecee.

I have looked at this and seen a similar problem.

Given that the advice is not to fly in Oceania with

Vector active, I unticked the four entries above 1107 base

and the problem went away.

My advice would be to restore the airports' file structure and

do the same.

I am glad you found a solution, but in all honesty, there must be another cause for your problem, as YMLT and YLIL have been around in Orbx since day one, with no problem. I think perhaps your "fix" will cause more trouble that in solves. Perhaps one of the team can throw more light on this matter? Teecee.

Yeah I've had YMLT for a long time.....i remember trying it on the demo and then on the Aus SP3 DVD.

I am almost certain i got this issue after installing FTX Global Vector. In fact a lot of default airports around the world now are either higher or lower than the main ground level but the configurator doesn't seem to want to fix them. Such as Denver intl.

But i do love Vector!

i had a fly in YMLT with that file removed and it seemed to working ok....so far.

As I mentioned above, the best solution when in the Oceania region

is to temporarily disable Vector.

It has no beneficial effect on the region and causes a few anomalies

such as the ones in this topic.

Hmmm why would it not be compatible with Oceania? Both are FTX products.

You need not take my word for it, instead please read here

This is what I see with no amendments to the file structure.

Vectoractive.jpg

Vectorinactive.jpg

Interesting....thanks. Do they have the info they need now to make Oceania compatible with Vector?

Either way big credits to the whole Orbx team for a great job and excellent work. Global and all the other products have transformed the sim.

Archived