Freeware or payware

skydvdan

Hi Danny,

We have a strict set of rules involved with making an 'Orbx' scenery, so to learn the ropes we normally ask a new developer to work on a small freeware first, this is for a few reasons.. mostly to share tips and tricks, to learn the 'Orbx' way of doing things, and also to find out if a (newer) developer has staying power to complete a project because scenery development can be brutally tedious, in some cases the imagery alone for a project might cost Orbx several thousand dollars, and there are other costs also that must be secured.

While all the developers here act as unofficial talent scouts the final word lies with John Venema

Thank you Tim, that is what I was looking for. I'll continue working on my scenery then. When the scenery is submitted to ORBX for consideration as an ORBX product, is it okay to include library objects since I know this isn't allowed for regular freeware submitted through the forum?

Hello Danny....would I be right in thinking you are the same guy that did the Tucson scenery way back. And had a thing for C-130s. If so, Hi, its been a while. If not, sorry for the intrusion. Have a nice day.

Arnie, you are correct, that was me that designed the Tucson scenery.  I took a long break from FS following a divorce and now I'm looking at getting back into designing.  I miss it and the creative juices are starting to flow again.

• 2 years later...

Hi guys i'm doing my research into scenery design , xplane and p3dv4.

Coupla questions .

Is there a eula that will tell me the limits of freeware design in regards to licensing ,i dont want to overstep and have any work rendered unusable.

Having to make my own textures out of my photos is it "ok" to trace the runway outlines from satelite imagry that i havent bought persay(google earth , nokia maps ect ect)

Buildings will be made in blender from scratch , does this warrant any blender copyrights or ownership of models .

Regards Pete

Archived