Ftx installation problem HELP!

Krei23

You have probably un-zipped the downloaded zip-file the wrong way OR tryhing to run the installer from inside the zipped file.

Create a library called TEMP and move the UN-zipped/downloaded file to that library. UN-zip the downloaded file and you should have a number of files and one of them should be an .exe file, right click on that file and run it as administrator. That´s it.

• 5 months later...

Jabs,

Thanks for that. I downloaded .NET Framework v4 and then Windows Update stuck in some 13 futher patches and security updates. Then the FSConfigurator would run.

P.S. I seem to have FTX Central v1.0. Do I need to update to FTX Centralv2 to properly install GlobalVECTOR and AU SP4. If so, how do you replace/update FTX Central?

Cheers,

GWs

Nick,

Thanks for that. Do you suggest then I install VECTOR & AU SP4 before OR after downloading and installing the LIBS (incl. of FTX Cental v2).

PS: Is there a user guide for FTX Cental v2 so I can see what the interface looks like. It seems there is nothing on the Forums re this.

Thanks,

GW

Best practice is to install the latest library version after the last product,

there is no need to install it after each one.

Don't run the simulator until you have finished.

Once you have the library installed, you will see the FTX Central icon on your

desktop.

I would suggest that you open it and try it out, it's a very intuitive piece of software.

Hi GW,

Nick said all, but one you shouldt know:

All older software has the FTX Central 1 and it open at end of installing as example AU SP 4. Ignore the FTX Central 1, close it with the "X", open FTX Central 2 and the button from FTX Central 1 deleted automatically.

If you install Vector and a warning window opened, tick continue and if Vector installing is ready, run the libs once more. That sorted all.

Nick & Friedi,

Ed states FTXC v2 is NOT supported under XP.

What I need to know now because of this is - can I update LIBS for Global Base, Vector, AU SP4 and other prodcuts I might wish to purchase without having to try to update to FTXC v2, i.e using FTXC v1? Please see my reasoning in my 'ACTIVE Post' on the FTXC v2 Support Forum.

Yes, I know its an old OS - BUT - my XP SP3 hardware is very good and is dedicated to FSX, hence I give it, as a 32 bit program - as much of the 4GB RAM it can use to it at startup. Have used Microsoft SysInternals Process Explorer and Autoruns to get it running mean and lean. I can fly for hours on an international flight (say Concorde London Heathrow to JFK) no OOM issues. I can crash it, but so can everyone who isn't running Steam Edition. It's still no match for customisability OR available aircraft/AddOns.

I get 30+FPS most of the time. I run a custom ENB, texturemaxload=4096 and other finely honed CFG tweaks, so it looks and runs great too. AI Carrier landings are smooth. Global Base hardly made any differnce - IMPRESSIVE, so I hope for the best with VECTOR and AU SP4 as well.

PS: Do you notice how many UI features (e.g. file dialogs) went back to XP style after Windows 7 & 8 - hence 8.1. (it wasn't just the startup older people hated NO 'APPS' PLEASE)

Thanks AGAIN,

GW

Ed states FTXC v2 is NOT supported under XP.

What I need to know now because of this is - can I update LIBS for Global Base, Vector, AU SP4 and other prodcuts I might wish to purchase without having to try to update to FTXC v2, i.e using FTXC v1?

I doubt that the latest library contains FTX Central v1 but as I

understand it, installing the latest version does not remove it if it is

already installed.

Archived