No AI aircraft at Milford Sound

Larry Wigmore

I'm thoroughly enjoying the fantastic scenery for NZMF  which I just purchased.  I see no AI aircraft at all on the ground, taking off, approach , or landing and I don't know why since I have some everywhere else in NZSI scenery. I don't know enough about AI to know where to start looking. Any help appreciated.

Also like to thank those who posted You Tube videos of actual approaches  so I could see how Rnwy 29 is actually handled. Pretty neat stuff : )

Thanks / Larry

Hi Larry,

welcome to Orbx! Please see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/53730-ai-traffic-at-nzmf/

Also, in order to receive support for our payware products please post your order numbers as per this thread: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/1157-important-notice-please-add-your-order-to-your-sig-for-support/

Cheers, Holger 

Hi Larry,

in locations like Milford Sound it certainly would be useful to code AI as "tracks" but that's not how AI aircraft traffic in FSX/P3D works. Instead, all that gets coded are start and destination ICAO, departure time, and a few other parameters, and then the AI engine decides on an appropriate flight path. The advantage is that this means the AI can correctly respond to wind direction and other AI traffic in the area but the disadvantage is that they don't have awareness of mountains and thus are apt to impact terrain during approach or departure.

Cheers, Holger 

For the many (primarily GA) airports in NZ that don't have FSX AI, I sometimes write my own routes. In my case, I can import them into Ultimate Traffic (as I can then easily assign specific aircraft to them - including my own add-ons). I've never done any for NZMF because (as Holger says) I'm not sure how they could cope with the local terrain.

Adam.

OK thanks for the replies Adam and Holger.

That's too bad, it would be neat to see AI aicraft doing Rnwy 29 approaches as shown by actual aircraft on you-tube.

Do the AI generation programs allow user input of GPS points that could tell the AI aircraft where to turn and required rate?

thx / larry

Archived