Washed out terrain?

rodtod11

After loading Orbx Global Base with North America, and Vector the PNW textures looked washed out, far worse than before. WHat could I have done wrong?  I followed the Manual closely , followed the instructions for install. If I could figure out how, I would attach a picture, washed out is the best description I can give. It looked better with the FSX default textures.

Oh yes, forgot my order number  FSS0337481

Well, after two days of work, reading , re-reading the manuals, doing the set up exactly as shown in the manual, setting sliders down , everything, I found the product very disappointing. The demos are great, if Global and Vector worked like the demos I would love this. But, you get all exited, start flying and the textures wash out. I have a VERY powerful computer that should run this with no problem. I have always been able to run the slider on full. With FScene or GEX no problem. This one washes out even with the sliders lower. I had high hopes for Orbx.

Hi Rod,

What you're seeing are typically referred to as "blurries" and they occur when the system or FSX cannot keep up loading terrain with the users aircraft. If you have a powerful system then there's another issue around. Do you have any tweaks in your fsx.cfg? Also are you applying any graphics settings through nVidia Inspector or Catalyst Control Center?

Cheers,

Alex

That worked. Now I can see what this product does. I used FScene and Genesis before. Those were really great. This is better. Now, let try a region. Perhaps Pacific Northwest or Alaska first.   Nice Job, the Airports are spectacular. We need to see a lot more of those for the USA!

Archived