Ketchekan PAKT & Prepar3D v2.4

hralphbuk

Sirs

I have an elevation problem with this airport in Prepar3D v2.4.

I have installed PAKT & its update SP1.

I have Pacific Fjords Version 004 installed.

PAKT  box is ticked in Scenery library.

I have used the Prepar3D FTX Configuration tool. I have clicked the Airport elevation Corrections tab & run Auto-Configuration. Afterwards  I clicked Apply.

However PAKT does not appear in either "AEC is enabled for" nor "AEC is disabled for" areas.

Buildings & people are shown in the air instead of at the bottom of the ramp.

Please be kind enough to advise how to correct

Many thanks

Howard

Hi Jack

Thank you for pointing that out to me.

I have now removed Orbx  PAKT SP1 from Prepar3D v 2.4. I also removed any left overs from yellow folders &  registry.

Again I used the FTX configuration tool, clicked the airport elevation corrections tab & ran auto Configuration, then  clicked apply.

Once again the "default PAKT" airport is missing from "AEC is enabled for"  &  "AEC is disabled for" so I cannot correct  the default elevation

So I cannot use this airport.

Any advice welcome

Howard

However the default PAKT airport has elevation issues which I cannot correct.

Hi there,

it's important to remember that the Vector AEC tool only lists airports whose elevations have been changed by Vector. If that's not the case then that airport won't show up meaning there's no compatibility issue due to mismatched elevations with Vector and the cause has to be something else.

This type of issue typically happens if another add-on for that airport uses a different altitude but has higher display priority than our version. Please run a Windows search of your entire FSX folder tree for all .bgl files that include PAKT as part of their names and post a list or screenshot of the results with full file and folder names. An example of that approach is http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/74843-two-layer-main-runway-at-nzqn/?p=690129 

Cheers, Holger

Archived