Did it actually install?

Hi

I recently bought Orbx FTX Global and FTX Vector. I installed BASE onto FSX, and BASE + VECTOR onto P3D. I had an "unhandled exception" with Vector on P3D but the installation seemed to work.

When I booted up P3D, I find I am now having crashes (fatal error), but more to the point the sim does not look any different. Top picture is with all ORBX sceneries selected in the scenery library, second is with them off. As far as I recall the scenery settings are all at max or thereabouts. First tried at default Langley AFB (no difference), then went to my favourite Innsbruck, which is pictured below:

GlFCpnz.jpg

Compared with:

48q3MmG.jpg

I have been reading about needing a mesh of some sort, but this was not mentioned on the website on the product page or in the pdf document that came with the product, so I assumed it was unnecessary.

I know BASE does not massively change the appearance, but rather optimises the landscape and replaces some textures (I am guessing it placed that little stream and changed the colour of the river), However after looking at videos and pictures of other people's stunning VECTOR installations, it looks very much like Vector is not working.

Any help you can give would be appreciated.

SPECS:

ASUS X99 Deluxe

i7-5820K

EVGA GTX980 SC

16GB RAM (Corsair Dominator 2666MHz)

Samsung 850 Pro SSD 512GB

EDIT: Just to add a little more, I also bought the Europe LC pack and installed it, and its not showing up in my FTX Central:

3K7LUB5.jpg

Hmm something went wrong with Imgur, think their servers were overloaded last night. Try again:

Orbx off:

OURBnG8.jpg

Orbx On:

ef1mdb9.jpg

It looks as though BASE was working, as I completely reinstalled P3D. This is a shot completely vanilla:

XTxTSGe.jpg

Apologies if I am misunderstanding something, but I am wondering if maybe Vector failed, along with the Europe install? I am going to use P3D vanilla for a while and see if I get any crashing, to see if its stable without addons.

Vector will not show up in the FTX Central CP, just check your scenery CP in P3D and you'll see they are activated, make sure to run the Vector Tool for adjustment and untick the frozen water in winter option as that has a lil glitch

Thanks Wolter for your reply and the tip ^-^  I am quite new to all of this, can you tell me what you mean by CP? Are those the files listed in the scenery library, and if so which ones should I see with both BASE and VECTOR installed? As a side note, I think I did see a glitch with water. As I flew up the river at Innsbruck the textures were popping in. It was set to "fall" though not winter, but I guess the altitude could have been high enough for frozen water.

At the moment I am running stock / vanilla to make sure its all stable on my machine, then I will try adding BASE and Vector and report back.

I still think I had an issue with Europe LC however. Should the Europe LC add-on not show up in FTX Central as a region? The screenshot in my post above is with Europe LC added, I was under the impression it should show up, as in the user guide:

LZlniDe.jpg

Thanks for your support!

Ross

Archived