FTX Norway - Fences

Tom_L

Hi,

I love FTX Norway and have encountered no serious problems. One issue though: around many airports there are perimeter walls. In Sorstokken (ENSO) it looks like this in my sim (FSX SP2):

Dtdy.jpg

To me this seems more like a drag racing strip than an Airport. Is it a bug or a feature, or just my machine? In a Video on YouTube from this Airport I saw no fences near the runway. It's an issue with other Airports in FTX Norway as well.

Latest orbxlibs are installed.

Rgds

Tom

That's not how the fences are supposed to look.  Mine are there and in the same position however they are hardly noticeable unless you are staring right at them.  Yours, on the other hand, look like a cement retaining wall.  Maybe you have a bad installation or some underlying scenery problems.  I'm sure the guys from Orbx will get it cleared up for you.  Here's how mine looks by the way.

2014_12_16_16_17_28_99.png

Best Regards,

Rob

in FTx Central try and switch between Global and back to Europe, don't forget to hit Apply on both occassions

Hi Wolter,

Just to confirm, if we are using FTX Global AND regions (Norway UK etc.) are we still setting FTX Central to Global with the hybrid checked?

Alex

@ Wolter: thx, tried twice, but so far in vain. 

@KORDATC: thx, at least I know it's my Installation. I also notice your runway texture is different.

I will investigate further and report back. Any hint is highly appreciated. So far I noticed that these walls also appear when I set FTX central to default.

@ Wolter: thx, tried twice, but so far in vain. 

@KORDATC: thx, at least I know it's my Installation. I also notice your runway texture is different.

I will investigate further and report back. Any hint is highly appreciated. So far I noticed that these walls also appear when I set FTX central to default.

My runway textures are different because I use REX.

Cheers,

Rob

Hi Tom,

could be some issue with the fence texture itself, maybe a third-party replacement that just looks different? I'm not 100% sure but believe the texture for the default perimeter fences is named "Fence.dds" and located in \Scenery\Global\Texture. The original's date stamp is Aug 16th, 2006.

Also check that you have a bunch of files starting with "ORBX_fence_" in your main FSX\Texture folder. I don't think it's relevant for this particular fence but we do use custom versions of perimeter fences in some locations and those files should have been delivered with the current Orbx Libraries.

Cheers, Holger

Hey Holger,

Fence.dds dated Aug 16th. 2006 in \Scenery\Global\Texture ......checked

Bunch of Orbx_fence_ in FSX\Texture dated Dec. 17th 2014......checked

Updated nVidia Graphics Driver....................................................checked

Fiddled with nVidia Driver Settings................................................checked

Result: still the same.

There are fences in FTX Norway which seem to be rendered correct on my rigg, e.g. at Sandane, but most look rock solid as seen in my picture.

Greetings

Tom

Hi Tom,

that's interesting because ENSD does use one of our custom fence textures meaning your issue seems to be indeed with the default version. As mentioned it's possible I didn't point out the correct file, hopefully someone else knows which one it actually is.

Edit: I might have found it, ChainLink512.dds in the main \Texture folder: 341 KB (349,648 bytes), August ‎15, ‎2006, â€â€Ž10:29:20 PM . There's also a ChainLink256.dds, 85.4 KB (87,504 bytes), â€ŽJuly ‎06, ‎2006, â€â€Ž3:56:58 PM.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Tom, did you see this, please check

Hi Tom, 

Edit: I might have found it, ChainLink512.dds in the main \Texture folder: 341 KB (349,648 bytes), August ‎15, ‎2006, ‏‎10:29:20 PM . There's also a ChainLink256.dds, 85.4 KB (87,504 bytes), â€ŽJuly ‎06, ‎2006, ‏‎3:56:58 PM.

Cheers, Holger

Holger,

you're a Genius. Some addon must have overwritten (thankfully renaming the original files to *.bak) the ChainLinkXXX.dds -files (both). Renamed them, and now I can fully enjoy Norway (you and your team did a great job btw).

Thanks to you and all contributors to this thread

Tom

Archived