FTX Central scenery switch problem

David Cecchinato

Hi there, think I messed up a bit with the scenery cfg file and FTX Central.

When I switch to Global I get only the Global, vector and openlc entries active along with other scenery, but if I switch to any of the FTX regions (I have all of them) then I get active everything there is by FTX, not only the single area, including the Global entries, wich I suppose should be disabled except for the AEC entry.

Is there a way to get Central to do the proper job without uninstalling and reinstalling everything ?

Update: it seems that when applying one of the regions (europe, america, australia) FTX Central instead applies Global hybrid mode instead, wich explains why the scenery index includes everything there is by FTX, instead of just the region entries of that particular region selected.

I don't think that there is anything wrong.

FTX Central changes many other things

depending on the region selected but as far

as I can see, the scenery library entries for

Oceania and for North America are the same.

I would assume that the same applies to

Europe when it is selected.

Ok, but Is it correct that when I apply a region, when I open the scenery.cfg with a scenery editor (the one by fstramp for example) I see active the entries for europe, america, oceania, openlc, fsglobal, vector, and I repeat All active ? shouldn't the entries for global be disabled, along with entries of not selected regions, when I activate a region ? That's my doubt  ???

I reinstalled the latest libs, the above mentioned problem still exists

Ok, that clears my doubt. It came to me when I installed the NOR region and had to add the relative entries manually 'cause the installer failed to add them, as I have a veeery long scenery listing (it is aknown problem, many scenery installers fail to add the entries when they find too many lines in th cfg) and found all FTX entries active.....

Thanks  ::)

Archived