FTX-N with Airports of Norway

Andrew Thomsen

Obviously, there are some confusion what the freeware package Airports of Norway is. It has 32 airports, and 29 photosceneries. The following pics have only this payware: P3D 2.4, FTX Global and FTX Norway.

Trondheim Værnes ENVA:

15847759840_4a93d0853c_o.jpg

Kristiansand Kjevik ENCN:

15848977829_b22979d59a_o.jpg

Bodø Airbase ENBO:

16034334962_c87d6a584d_o.jpg

Brønnøysund ENBN:

16034334982_87ca87d5c4_o.jpg

Tromsø Langnes ENTC:

15736996890_5f4baf5dc4_o.jpg

BÃ¥tsfjord ENBS:

15304924623_1c2d7fc72c_o.jpg

...and so on ;)

ouuuh... ok sorry Andrew, this was then a misunderstanding.

Well my English is very average !!

Then i have a question to you Andrew: only on Trondheim Værnes ENVA i have the problen that the Runways, Taxiways, Apron are on an higher level as the sourrounding Area.

Look here the Taxyway to the right:

EHL9v.jpg

I use the High Qualitiy Nowegian Mesh

Greetings

Peter

No problem, Peter.

You need to remove all files with ENVA in it from ORBX\EU\FTX_NOR_05_EU_SCENERY\Scenery. Each airport is 1 to 5 files. For ENVA, you also have to remove the FTX Altitude file from FSX or P3D\Scenery\World\Scenery.

Then check the AoN readmes, as you now need to put my own Altitude file in \Scenery\World\Scenery. I have changed the altitude at 10 airports.

PS: You can download the latest AoN, tailor made for FTX Norway, and updated photos from here:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=E0121E64DC8923CA!105

just to avoid a major confusion on forehand, when understood correctly the 3.68 P3D_FTXN version is also suitable for fsX ?

It ain't easy to name AoN correctly for the time being. And it is too much a struggle to juggle with two versions, so I won't. AoN 3.68 P3D FTXN has all the files you need for using it with FSX (an included FSX files folder). This is mainly the apron lighting, and a couple of files for ENBR. I now use P3D only and, and development is also for P3D only. My FSX DVD's will only collect dust, and I hope people understand I want to develop for the future and not be stuck with the hopeless FSX technology.

Using P3D, FTX Global and Norway, makes my simming life very straightforward and simple, compared to using MSFS.

AoN needs both Photopack1 and Photopack2; they are mandatory. I'll make both those packs approx. the same size, and upload to my OneDrive, plus renew my files at Flightsim.com.

Yeah the Textures look very impressive !!!.

Yesterday i fly over the Tundra (Northeast NOR) and its looks great.

Later then i visit Stavanger and Bergen and looks also great !!

Now i am re-downloading AON at this moment and after install this masterpeace of Airports, Norway is complete for me.

Only for example the Nordkap Globe is missing. But i am looking foreward for Patches from FTX_NOR in the Future.

Regards Peter

Just try the FTX Norway airports first and decide which one you like better. I am using right now 4 or 5 AoN airports by Andrew T but I am finding that many of the FTX norway by the ORBX team are just as good or better. The primary AoN airports that I cannot live without are ENBO (the best I have seen and accomodates military AI) and ENVA (the aerosoft offering just does not work at all for me in P3D v2). I also use Andrews ENRY. I did not install his Bergen, Stavanger, Oslo or Tromso because I have AS payware for all those places. But I am still in the process of going thru and trying out the Norwegian airpots locations so see which I like better. Either way you have great work and something to choose from.

On a related note, I also would like to tip my hat to the ORBX team for doing a really damn good ENOL Orland Airbase. Best I have seen, by far. They didn't go nuts with the static AI, just one that was apparently painted specifically for that location and it fits perfectly. My RNoAF F-16 squadrons show up fine and they are happily going about their business of defending the kingdom and homeland. Will need to post some screen shots in another thread, as that just warmed by heart.

I have found a final "formula" for my AoN 3.68 P3D_FTXN. As said before, took some time to get things straight, with both FSX and P3D full of bugs. I have now removed the FSX files from AoN, and made it a separate download. That way it is easy to update, if someone ever is going to make FSX lighting for ENBO for example. See the AoN 3.6x FSX files readme for detailed info.

I also uploaded a new AoN 3.68 P3D_FTXN, which is now pure P3D. This version now has ENOL included, as an early "alpha". ENOL has civil and military parkings, 44 fighter parkings, plus parking for 330 sqn helicopters. This airport will become a lot more detailed - later.

PS: Actually, it was the good looks of the FTX airport that started me with this. I have long planned to start on ENOL, as it will become our main fighter base, packed with F-35's.

Download here: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=E0121E64DC8923CA!105

15922599180_4cb2096bc0_b.jpg

I can say the same to you Wolter. Thank you for making airport flattens a quality I have not seen before from payware developers. A proper flatten decides the whole airport, and you did quite a decent job with that. Gone are water onto the runway, gone are rivers breaking the airport. Every airport job starts with being a "flattenmeister". The new hi-rez meshes on the other side, has left me sort of in the dark (read: swearing and getting mad), but in time this will get sorted. I have a feeling some of you are equally mad at this now and then.  :lol:

LOL, you give me to much credit Andrew, I'm merely part of the inventory around here I do some beta testing and get on people's sensitive wires when needed, the rest is all work of the great bunch of people that make all the fields and objects and mess around with the mesh etc etc :D

Archived