Orbx Multiplayer server?

Auzy

Just wondering if you guys have thought about setting up a multiplayer server for people who buy FTX (or just enthusiastic supporters) I've never personally had the opportunity to try it before, but I'd love to fly with other people here.

I also noticed it has a ATC function and a pilot function (and I may be wrong, but I think voice chatting too).

Nothing beats realistic FSX traffic better then humans (well, other that the fact that when on flight sim, we are probably more likely to commit suicide or play chicken against other pilots on runways then real life).

If 15kb/s upload is enough (which I unfortunately doubt it might be), i could set up a server (I'm on optus cable).

Ok, it seems that while the server included with FSX sucks (you have to be in the game and it cant really be dedicated), that I have found a way to do this well..

But i have started a server on IP 122.107.155.176

You will need fshost client, and need to run FSX in windowed mode unfortunately

http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/fshost/

You will start off my YMMB (Moorabbin/cheltenham).

I'm just testing, so if anyone else wants to join, feel free to. (Make sure you read the faq) The official server would be better, but unfortunately I cant keep fsx running all day, also, I need to go airport in 6 hours.

Brilliant stuff mate, it would be really good for the Orbx community to have one place for MP flights if required.  Never had a MP flight in FSX, but always had it in the back of my mind to try.

Cheers,

Yesssssssssssssssss  SuperJ...  the Oz flight simmers friend...  Mate, if you can pull this off   :o

Speaking of MP in FSX, is it possible to use non-default and secondly if it is possible to use non-default, does it alias non-default aircraft to default aircraft so we can see another aircraft alongside us?

Cheers and thanks for your efforts.

Speaking of MP in FSX, is it possible to use non-default and secondly if it is possible to use non-default, does it alias non-default aircraft to default aircraft so we can see another aircraft alongside us?

With FSHost it wil show the aircraft, either as a default Cessnna 172 or as the same aircraft you are flying,

unless you have the aircraft that the other one is flying with all it's variants,

as then it will show up correctly in correspondance with that.

Multi player memories... Two times around the world (northern and southern route), once from Seattle down to Cape Horn and up to New York. Must be more than 70.000 nm - 95% with piston engine or turbo prop. Sometimes up to 18 aircraft in formation. Heck yeah, would be nice to have some friends together again. It's really a blast.

Well, FSHost is quiet choppy, but Gamespy worked most of the time very well.

Heiko

The big issue I found was that you cant leave the game with the official FSX server. So unless you have a spare computer sitting around to run FSX 24/7, you probably want to use a seperate server. This is the best option though really

I also noticed while testing yesterday you dont have as much control over the official server, but slightly more features in it (like Fshost didn't have ATC support, and doesn't support showing the changing rudder, and I dont think supports automatically sending your plane to everyone).

aww not fair mango

lol @ jay

ms is annoying and difficult to configure as it is

gamespy is almost as bad

it appears as though the job is almost complete

ps whenever i am on mp mango

the little extra above all the grummans is usually me

:P

Well, the server is up and running now...  Great stuff and another reason not to have to stray to far from Orbx/FTX.

Thanks to all who have worked so hard to get this up and running.

Cheers,

Great job. (This is going to be truly awesome, nothing better then real people flying in FSX as other planes)

This might sound like a dumb question though, but how do we access it? Wouldn't mind tying up 35L or 17L at YMMB with a few circuits this afternoon :D

Archived