Ice on Lakes.....not very good

mark767

I live in Canada and near lake Ontario.  I have the option for water icing checked but the effect on Lake Ontario is not very good.  You have a pattern of ice on the lake that abruptly stops half way across it.   More realistic on a large body of water like lake Ontario (which by the way almost never freezes completely over) is to have ice moving out from the shoreline all the way around and open water in the center.  Is this something that can be modified ?

I live in Canada and near lake Ontario.  I have the option for water icing checked but the effect on Lake Ontario is not very good.  You have a pattern of ice on the lake that abruptly stops half way across it.   More realistic on a large body of water like lake Ontario (which by the way almost never freezes completely over) is to have ice moving out from the shoreline all the way around and open water in the center.  Is this something that can be modified ?

Hello,

you can disabled ICE in Vector configuration Panel.

Regards.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Mark767,

Please be aware Vector can and only replicate decent data that we are "able" to obtain, also it is of most benefit if you could please post a screenshot along with coordinates. Details on how to post a screenshot is available from this location http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

Thanks

Richard

Yes I know but that is not very realistic either.

Mark,

just for informational purposes, the weather model of fsX has it's limitattions, it is a course setting that generally portrais the seasons by approximation, thinking it will portray the seasons accuratly as in real life is alas not an option, it's just one of the limitations that come with the SIM ::)

Archived