Need help from developer with some occasional pauses

JoseCFII

Before I installed Vectors I had occasinal hickups (micro pauses.) Those hickups are now 1 to 2 sec pauses.

Performance is excellent but the occasinal pauses are a concern.

What can cause this? RAM? CPU? GPU? OVERLOAD?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Jose

I started experiencing this sometimes after installing Vector. In my case VAS was being gobbled up in short order and not being released. I've gotten it up to 3.7+ when it starts to stutter badly followed by a lock up of the program shortly thereafter. Turning off some of the Vector options helps, turning down autogen helps, staying out of PNW with all the addon FTX A/P's I have installed helps me. If I fly out in the bush I can crank those settings back up without any issues. Currently flying Tongass Fjiords from AP to AP with all graphic settings on "ridiculously high" with all Vector settings engaged on top of NA region packs with no problems. Can't do this hardly anywhere in PNW region. Haven't tried disengaging all FTX addon A/P's to see what difference if any that makes. But that kinda defeats the purpose of having bought them in the first place.

Pure and simple, I suspect there is no hardware available to cope with what we are asking these softwares to do. Add in the shortcomings of the base FSX program itself and throw in a couple of the more recent sophisticated planes from say A2A, a live weather program, and an AI airplane addon and I think I'm at an impass. Vector on top of my region packs was the straw that's broke my hardwares back, I just have to turn things down/off if I want to fly Urban/Suburban areas with addon A/P's. All the extra detail that comes with Vector comes at a price my hardware can no longer pay, LOL.

Frank

Quote:

Pure and simple, I suspect there is no hardware available to cope with what we are asking these softwares to do. Add in the shortcomings of the base FSX program itself and throw in a couple of the more recent sophisticated planes from say A2A, a live weather program, and an AI airplane addon and I think I'm at an impass. Vector on top of my region packs was the straw that's broke my hardwares back, I just have to turn things down/off if I want to fly Urban/Suburban areas with addon A/P's. All the extra detail that comes with Vector comes at a price my hardware can no longer pay, LOL.

Frank

Amen to that. I have for a long time experienced these abnormalities :-[ I guess you are right Frank.

Henrik

I think it has to do with loading scenery. Vectors probably changes a setting somewhere that affects all addons. The pauses are predictable.

It's not stuttering or poor performance, but pauses occur where they were predictable hickups.

This probably happens in P3D.

This probably happens in P3D.

Not here Jose, no regular pauses on my P3D2.4 rig, sceney loading is invisible to me ! Is it something you've whatever the area (rural or urban dense), whatever the aircraft, whatever the traffic  ?

I found I had to turn off Secondary and Tertiary roads to get the performance I wanted, especially for those flying heavy addon jets into cities.

So did I. That's why performance was very good, but occasional stutters and pauses ruined my FSX.

I've decided to go back to pre-vector install. This could finally force me to try P3D.

Not here Jose, no regular pauses on my P3D2.4 rig, sceney loading is invisible to me ! Is it something you've whatever the area (rural or urban dense), whatever the aircraft, whatever the traffic ?

Thanks. This is good to know.

These pauses occur with addon airports.

Stutters occur in some areas.

So did I. That's why performance was very good, but occasional stutters and pauses ruined my FSX.

I've decided to go back to pre-vector install. This could finally force me to try P3D.

Thanks. This is good to know.

These pauses occur with addon airports.

Stutters occur in some areas.

Maybe try rebuilding your fsx.cfg.  I just did it (make sure you take screenies of your current settings and backup the old cfg).  I also deleted and had FSX rebuild the shaders.  I was actually trying to fix a sky rendering issue (and this did fix it) but I found when rebuilding the cfg I had a bunch of old entries I had added over the years that did not need to be there and my sim is puuurrring right now.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived