Problem with PAKT

wings138

did you look at the list of software in the tag?  it's in there too, and I did verify that it is in.

If this worked, I am the goose, parked at the gate, but floating at different heights above me is another aircraft and the terminal???

I have FTX Global, Vector, Southern Alaska, and PAKT.  HELP? ???

see picture http://prntscr.com/5cbelw

Try installing FTX Pacific Fjords (PFJ) since that is the region where PAKT is located, not SAK.

did you look at the list of software in the tag?  it's in there too, and I did verify that it is in.

Oh, by "in the tag" you mean in your signature? That is not visible in Tapatalk, sorry. All I have to go on is what you write in the post.

ok sorry. 

It doesn't matter where I load up, I always load below the scenery.  The only way to get on top is to land there.  I have all the North America regional scenery packs, Global and vector.  Being I just reinstalled a lot of it, along with the patches, I should be good to go on them.  I bought 4 airports yesterday, and this is the only one that is acting up like this.  Could there be an older version of Southern Alaska?  Because I've always had an updated town and islands for PAKT.

Anyway. for those people that keep asking the same questions, I did read though the forums, just didn't find anyone having this problem that had all the scenery I did.

I made sure that PAKT wasn't listed in vectors as active, just haven't tried to remove vectors to see if that helps.

Hi there,

it's a bit hard to see from your screenshot but it looks like you may have some other add-on active for PAKT, which may cause the issue. Please run a Windows search of your entire FSX folder tree for all .bgl files that include PAKT as part of their names and post a list or screenshot of the results with full file and folder names. An example of that approach is http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/74843-two-layer-main-runway-at-nzqn/?p=690129 

Cheers, Holger

Hi there,

it's a bit hard to see from your screenshot but it looks like you may have some other add-on active for PAKT, which may cause the issue. Please run a Windows search of your entire FSX folder tree for all .bgl files that include PAKT as part of their names and post a list or screenshot of the results with full file and folder names. An example of that approach is http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/74843-two-layer-main-runway-at-nzqn/?p=690129 

Cheers, Holger

Yes I can do that, so here is the link to my search for PAKT*.BGL files.

http://prntscr.com/5chrl6

I am about ready to totally delete and reinstall FSX, but just waiting on getting a new SSD Drive to house it.

Until then, I don't see anything that shouldn't be there, as all PAKT.BGL files are inside the OBIX folder.  There is only one that is from Vector, the rest are from the airport pack.  I did run a scan with the vector tool and I even went thru the list of airports in the active and didn't find it there.  Thank you for your help.

Hi there,

hmm, that list seems incomplete to me. For example, you should have 000_PAKT_PFJ_excludes_CVX.BGL and 000_PAKT_PFJ_excludes_objects.BGL in the \FTX_AA_PAKT\Scenery folder. More importantly though there needs to be a ADE_FTX_PFJ_PAKT_elevation_adjustment.BGL in \Scenery\World\Scenery. If those files exist then your search may not have been complete and you may want to try again without the wildcards.

Also, do you use any of the RTMM add-ons? They may not use the PAKT ICAO for their file names and I know that at least one of their Ketchikan area add-ons isn't compatible with the payware PAKT.

Cheers, Holger

I don't know what RTMM is, what do you suggest, reinstall Pacific Fjords?, PAKT?, or what?

I guess I could reinstall all and see what happens.  That was a search of the FSX folder and all it's content.

Only add-on that could possibly have any affect might be Aerosoft's MyTraffic 2013.  As I haven't added anything else.  All the freeware stuff was removed except a couple remote airports in Western Alaska.

Ok, follow up, I reinstalled Pacific Fjords and Ketchikan, loaded up FSX and it worked.  Don't know what happened before, but I did redownload both from FSS and used the cloud server this time.  Everything is working now.  Thanks for all the help, even if it wasn't what it seemed. 

Archived