Invisible Wall 2 (NZNP)

colang

Hello, 

taking off from NZNP New Plymouth and flying westbound towards the city, staying South of the main road, I crashed repetatedly against an invisible wall.

I tried several times at 1000, 3000, 5000, and 7000 feet then gave up.

If needed I can post a screenshot (I collected but I haven't now on this pc).

Do you verify the same issue? Is it repeatable also on your PCs?

Thanks for any help.

Hi mate,

I followed your guidance. Nothing happened in my "end": I could come to the city by highway. 

Now, to be precise and get better help, we need you to provide the coordinates of the point.

The best is to press <shift-z> to the coordinates appear.  ;)

Cheers,

Really mate, colang,

by the background of your shot, I suspect that you were with the "ignore crashes and damages" off. See the next shots:

2AFqNVv.jpg

XaUX35d.jpg

Now, for you to continue operating throughout the Orbx world set on the "ignore crashes and damages" as in the shot below - or better - if you do not want to have problems leave your setting as this mine:

JHsEsIz.jpg

Now you can fly.

vaUBUQ2.jpg

If you wish to report the invisible issue:

Nu1ej0g.jpg

put a post in this thread simply word "bump", a master of the Orb's software comes meet you: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/67974-before-posting-support-issues-please-read/?hl=bump#entry671669

Cheers,

Thanks for reply but...

sorry I did'nt understand.

Obviously I was with the "ignore crashes and damages" off, otherwise I wouldn't detect the crash.

Disabling the crash detection will allow me to fly in that zone but it's unrealistic and I wouldn't  do it, except for testing purposes.

Or are you asking me to disable the option and start the flight in the coordinates location, to obtain the error message you posted?

Did I make an error in posting? My order number is in signature, isn't it the right support place?

Confused, please say again the clearance  ???  :blink:

Yes, I normally use collision off but crash detection on. 

It saves me from AI and IVAO "incidents" but I still have to fly and land properly, and not hit buildings.

Unfortunately sometimes I crash against invisible things, as in this case.  

So, is the problem repeatable in your Prepar3dv2?

Obviously I was with the "ignore crashes and damages" off, otherwise I wouldn't detect the crash.

Disabling the crash detection will allow me to fly in that zone but it's unrealistic and I wouldn't  do it, except for testing purposes.

Hi

I think you would know in yourself when you have crashed, you don't need the simulator to tell you that you smashed into the ground or a building!

If you turn crash detection off, all of these problems go away.  Sometimes they are due to something in the ORBX scenery, sometimes they are due to conflics with other scenery, sometimes they are due to weather settings putting too much strain on the aircraft.

The crash detection in FSX is not very realistic, it creates many problems, and that is why 99% of people choose to turn it off.

Regards

John

>If you turn crash detection off, all of these problems go away

Eh no, it cannot be an acceptable reply, and not in ORBX style (up to now;  hope not to be forced to change my opinion).

Why not say "if you fly only in daytime some problems don't arises" or "if you fly only slow, or only fast, or only high, or only in summer or winter" or "if you set your realism, or graphic, or whatherver preference you want, in this way and not in this other you will not have problems ".

It would be the same thing saying "If you don't ask to write the order number in the signature, all the piracy problems go away".

Eliminate the detection of a problem is not something that solves it.

I think I have right to choice whatever realism, graphic, lighting, weather settings I prefer in P3D, and ask to any commercial product (scenery or plane) sold as P3D compliant to work correctly, slower or faster, better or worst, but correctly independently from my preferences, unless i overload the hardware but this is not the case.

As NZNI is a payware product and not a freeware one, I'm ready to offer all possible cooperation to isolate the possible problem, but I expect ORBX would work to identify and fix the problem, not to make it hidden.

>Sometimes they are due to something in the ORBX scenery.

Maybe, let's go and find it.

>Sometimes they are due to conflics with other scenery.

Maybe,  let's go and find it.

So the only mattering question is:

Are you (or other customers) able to repeat this issue? 

If no, I'll start to disable any other scenery leaving only the default ones, and see if the problem disappear.

If yes (or if the problem remains with only default sceneries), as any customer having bought a product, I would ask the elimination of the "defect" and expect from any company selling anything the assistance to "repair" it.  

Please, enable crash and collision for testing purpose, try to fly from NZNP to New Plymouth city, staying south of the highway, overflying the big grey buildings zone.

Meantime I'll disable other sceneries and will make the same thing.

One or both of us would have a result to report. 

Ok, maybe I found something.

I disabled all sceneries except fot the default ones and all ORBX products I have, Vectors, Global, LC, and the regions, (seen the signature).

Using all and only ORBX products the problem still stand. 

2rw5n5l.jpg

Fortunately I noticed a strange thing.

I tried to save some flights just before the points in which I crash, so to enable or disable sceneries and features and start again in the exact point before crash.

During a reload after crash I noticed this:

142y92e.jpg

The strange artifact under my plane is visible only during the scenery loading phase. During the flight is not visible but maybe it is still there.

I tried to disable bridges from vector configurator, without success.

Anyway, if I fly far enough from that point the plane don't crashes.

I found also another crash point, crashed into it some times to localize it precisely, saved the flight just before crashing for the n'th time, and... ta dah

27xgh0y.jpg

... during the loading phase appeared again another artifact in the point i was going to crash.

So maybe we have a track for further investigation.

Now it's your turn.

Any suggestion?

Any way to disable or eliminate theese invisible objects?

Any further test?

All I can now add is that no other users have reported the issue, and I cannot replicate it, and the area has been fully tested during the beta testing process.  Consideration must be given to the probability that something in your FSX setup is causing the problem, not the NZNI scenery itself.

>All I can now add is that no other users have reported the issue

What?  Are you serious?

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/79960-crash-south-of-cyse/?hl=invisible

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/78331-yakutakpaya/?hl=invisible#entry717415

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/64664-nzqn-elevation-problem/page-2?hl=invisible#entry703157

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/74555-ftx-global-base-lfro/?hl=invisible

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/66637-nzqn-ac-crash/?hl=invisible

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/69716-eicn-invisible-collision-box-at-ga-small-ramp/?hl=invisible

They are only some links found with a quick search, limited to this only forum.   

And in almost all theese cases the reply was "please disable crashes".

I think instead that search, identify and eliminate the invisible object(s) should be the correct and expected behaviour from a trusted technical support.

After all, in this and other cases, we provided the exact location of the objects.

Archived