Terrain textures advance on sea from Sta Barbara to Oxnard-CA region

Heronjr

Hi,

My last FTX installation was KPSP. Until yesterday, things were normal at California as I flew VFR from Carlsbad-Palomar to Oxnard using a C182. The coast was in its place, as cities, lakes, rivers all in accord to the Sectionals.

Well, today I intended to reach San Luis Obispo. Taking off from rwy 25 at Oxnard, the Pacific should appear immediately, but I could only see a light brown strange texture in its place, covering the sea up to the Channel Islands.

Seeing it from the FSX map, I can describe it as a big rectangle extending from Santa Barbara to Oxnard, covering Santa Cruz Island completely. But, if you fly inland, all the rivers and lakes simply disappear below this texture, for instance, Lake Cachuma, near Santa Ynez.

I don't think this region is in NCA, which I also have, and quite far from KPSP, so I just can't imagine what the heck could happened to my scenery.

Thanks for your attention,

Regards,

Glenn,

Thanks. Renaming 1619_WTR_WATERBODIES from off to BGL worked for me - I have just discovered it in a thread complaining about the hijack of the Big Bear Lake and the solution was that.

Do you have any news about the definitive solution development for this issue?

Regards and thanks again

• 2 weeks later...

Archived