Hybrid in Global? Still not 100% clear for me...

luisclement

Sorry to come back to this one but although there is a lot in the forum I am still a bit confused. To clarify I mention a few scenarios:

1. Fly in Europe only outside UK: use global+OpenLC Europe

2. Fly in UK: use Europe as I own EU England

3. Fly from France(or other EU country) to England: use Global with Hybrid? what will i miss from EU England? What will I miss in France from just Global?

Thank you to clarify if possible.

Hi Luis,

If you don't set FTX Central on FTX Global Hybrid mode, textures of FTX Regions look messed.

If you keep FTX Central on a FTX Region mode, it's the reverse situation.

Make a trial

Hi Luis,

If you don't set FTX Central on FTX Global Hybrid mode, textures of FTX Regions look messed.

If you keep FTX Central on a FTX Region mode, it's the reverse situation.

Make a trial

Bonjour Richard, thank you for the quick reply. Not sure I get your point though, sorry. You say if I am say in EU England and it is selected the textures look messed so that means I need to set always Global to hybrid when flying in a region from now on? Now I am even more confused. :-)

Flying ONLY in a region, activate the region.  Flying in or out of a region activate Global/Hybrid.  Flying outside any regions still use Global/Hybrid as Global only equates to FSX default although the replaced textures are better and if you decide to fly into a region Global/Hybrid mode is already active and the region will look good.

Bonjour Richard, thank you for the quick reply. Not sure I get your point though, sorry. You say if I am say in EU England and it is selected the textures look messed so that means I need to set always Global to hybrid when flying in a region from now on? Now I am even more confused. :-)

Let's take a simple example of a flight from Paris Charles-de-Gaulle (LFPG) to London Heathrow (EGLL).

Case 1 : FTX Global hybrid mode enable ---> LFPG OK -  EGLL  OK

Case 2 : FTX Global non hybrid mode enable ---> LFPG OK - EGLL  KO

Case 3 : FTX Europe enable ---> LFPG KO - EGLL OK

Archived