unhandled exception

hey guy,

I installed ftx global vector 1.20 yesterday (the full version, this is my first install of FTX vector). Everything went smooth with no issues, installation was completed after which i got an error regarding an unhandled exception. Screenshot is attached...i anyway clicked continue and the Vector configurator opened..i applied all the settings, ran AEC and then flew succesfully without any issue. Then again..i did not receive any issue. no problem , everything smooth. My question is why such an error box appeared initially as soon as FTX vector finished installation adn tried to open vector tool configurator?? should i be bothered??

PS: this is a fresh install of FTX global vector 1.20 full version.

thanking you

Govind

uRyXhGxl.jpg

Hi,

It is hard to read the framework error, as a guess you may have a file missing and or corrupt download. Could you please write what the unhandled exception error actually is please.

Thanks

Richard

"Unhandled error has occured in your appication.If you click continue the application will ignore this and attempt to continue.If you click quit the application will close immediately."

"Could not find file ' E:FSX\\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\backup.dat' ".

This is the message. I clicked continue...then vector configuration tool opened up and then i chose the settings, ran automatic AEC configuration tool...applied it and then opened FSX and saw all the new roads and all added with no texture issue or anything. Scenery libraries were also updated succesfully. I really dont think its a corrupt download or anything since installation went smoothly and then no more this error pops up when i open vector configuration tool. everything is fine as of now. Just wanted to know why this error came in the first time....thats it.

Thanking you

Govind

Hello Gonvid,

I have not had any experience with this error, I will ask for further advice but do you have E:FSX\ORBX\Scripts\Backup.  Folder present?

Thanks

Richard

I am now at office..would have to check and tell you. May i know the significance of this folder?? Why i am confused is that...foloowing this error i did not get any other error messages and everything is running smoothly. Also all scenery library entries are there...no elevations anomaly....no unwanted apperances of textures...as of in places where i have flown. Also this is a fresh install...which is y i am more confused. kindly please ask for further advise and clear my confusion.

Thankiny you

Govind

Hello Gonvid,

I have not had any experience with this error, I will ask for further advice but do you have E:FSX\ORBX\Scripts\Backup.  Folder present?

Thanks

Richard

For answering this question..yes i checked and i do have this folder.

govind

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the link Nick. Actually I am having a problem with my Earth Simulations AutoGenesis autogen buildings disappearing after installing Global and Vector. It's probably not due to this error by the sounds of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived