Scenery elements.OFF

I-SNAK

Hi all.

.... yes it's me .... again!!

Forgive me but since i start to read this Forum i can't ignore to ask and read all i can .... :) :) :)

I notate that in the scenery folder of the free airports there are some files ending with an OFF extension after the dot.

I try to run the control panels via the FTX Central icons receiving an error message about program termination .....

So i can't use it. SOon or later i will resolve this issue but now i want to know a lirrle thing:

The OFF extensione means that the element in disabled right?

Example: in CBB7 airopirt i have

ORBX_bushseasonal_Objectflow_CBB7.xml.OFF

ORBX_grassflow_Objectflow_CBB7.xml.OFF

ORBX_natureflow_Objectflow_CBB7.xml.OFF

ORBX_treeflow_Objectflow_CBB7.xml.OFF

I don't know what elements they are but i can imagine it.

Is possible to enable it simply erasing the final OFF?

Thanks.

Andrea

OK, Thanks alla.

Wolter, do you have some suggestion on the failed running of the Control Panels in 2S1, CBB7 and KHQM?

Is not a problem doing it manually but when there's something that doesn't work in my PC, i'm not calm amd relaxed ... :) :) :)

make sure that you install all sceneries with a right click and select Run as Administrator, disable the Virus scanner for the fsX drive, as for the indicated sceneries , make sure FTX Central is set to NA, re-install 'm and make sure to run the latest library files after that

Also, there are occasions when there are duplicate files after reinstall, one normal bgl and one .OFF bgl, this makes the control panel stop working.  Before you re-install delete the relevant airport's folder from the ORBX NA folder, which will ensure there are no 'crossed' switching files.

make sure that you install all sceneries with a right click and select Run as Administrator, disable the Virus scanner for the fsX drive, as for the indicated sceneries , make sure FTX Central is set to NA, re-install 'm and make sure to run the latest library files after that

Also, there are occasions when there are duplicate files after reinstall, one normal bgl and one .OFF bgl, this makes the control panel stop working.  Before you re-install delete the relevant airport's folder from the ORBX NA folder, which will ensure there are no 'crossed' switching files.

OK, thank You.

Yes Wolter. The right button and the Adminisrator install is the only way i install everything on my PC (except of some file like .msi)

I install those airport in P3D v2.4 using Flightsim Estonia Migration Tool but i didn't disable the virus scanner for the P3D drive.

I run the latest library: Version 140927

So i decided to uninstall the three airport i list in my prior post.

There is not uninstaller so i erase directly in the relative folder, clean the W7 registry and reinstall all 3 scenery.

I'm near sure that i follow all the things you have listed but, .... i'll do it again.

Now i try .... if also this method doesn't work .... i'll di it manually!!

C U !!

Archived