FTX Global - Trees On Some Approaches

Andrew 737

Hi Guys

I require a 'splodge' of support, please may I be assisted?

Thank you.

I need to know how to 'remove' the odd few trees here and there because they are growing between my approach lights; for example approach EIKN 27L.

How do I go about doing this?

I am using Global and five or six freeware/payware airports. I do not know if the particular aforementioned trees are Global or the Irish freeware?

There's no tree with Global on the EIKN RW 27 approach in default P3D  (BTW there's no 27L just 27). Your freeware brought them. To get rid of them depends on how the scenery is organized. In the best case, there's a tree.bgl in the scenery folder.

Hi there,

as far as I know "lumberjack" just contains a bunch of autogen excludes so it should work with default and add-ons if placed at higher display priority assuming the trees in question are autogen and not xml objects.. It's a "big hammer" though meaning you'd probably lose a lot of autogen in places you don't want to so I'd not recommend it with any of our add-ons.

Cheers, Holger 

I've just had some success with removing trees by using the freeware ADE program and applying an airport background polygon (not an exclude polygon) specifying autogen exclusion only. A lot of learning has to be done with this method.

Archived