Elevation errors since Vector1.20

bailout3

I had no problems prior to Vector 1.20 update. Now elevation errors are showing up in PNW Northern Cal both payware airports and regular airports. The AEC is showing all ok eg: PAJN AEC elevations disabled but still elevaion is way off. Several other airports as well. I haven't tried my other regions Oceanic & Europe yet.

When I load FTX central and try to change from global to a region or reverse I get a message RenameUnique Files:Could not complete operation since a file already exists in the pathC:\FSXGamesMicrosoftFlightSimulatorX|Scenery\ADE_FTX_67Lelevation_adjustment.BGL.

I saw someone else with this problem and he solved the error message by removing the BGL which is off. I don't have experience delving in to FSX files. Could someone give me the order of folders I need to open to find this particular elevation error? I wonder if it is the reason for the PNW elevation errors as well. I tried contacting the other person with the same problem but no answer yet.

I would appreciate any help provided.

Thanks

You will find the file inside your main FSX folder at Scenery\World\Scenery\ADE_FTX_FTXG_67L_elevation_adjustment.BGL

Reading your post above, the full path is probably

C:\FSX Games\Micrososft SimulatorX\Scenery\World\Scenery\ADE_FTX_FTXG_67L_elevation_adjustment.BGL

First, rename the file to ADE_FTX_FTXG_67L_elevation_adjustment.BGLOLD and try FTX central.

If it works without an error message, you can then delete ADE_FTX_FTXG_67L_elevation_adjustment.BGLOLD.

I'm sorry for the delay getting back to you..unfortunately we had a funeral to attend. Thanks Nick for the specific info...it worked and I don't get that error in FTX central and all seems good at PAEN and some others I tried. I even learned something in finding files with your help. I think the problem stemmed from the AUscene YPAD that I had installed....must have been a confliction. I removed AUscene for now, I'm just glad to have everything working in my Orbx world. 

Maybe I could impose on you for one last thing...when FSX is loading I now get this message...scenery>CFG file error local scenery directory (ADDON scenery AdelaideXScenery) Area 336 not found....how do I get rid of this?

Thanks again for your quick support.

This error message is telling you that FSX is looking for a scenery area

which is in its library but the files are not at the location recorded.

The quickest way for you to remove the error message is to start FSX,

open the scenery library, locate the entry for AdelaideX and delete it.

The files for AdelaideX should be at

C:\FSX Games\Micrososft SimulatorX\Addon Scenery\AdelaideX

and I rather think that your post states that you have just removed them.

Archived