Can't get the Orbx instructions for uploading screenshots to work ...

Stan V

Sorry I have to ask this but I have tried to follow the Orbx instructions about posting screenshots but have had no success after multiple tries.  I did manage to successfully upload a jpg image to the specified third party site (I think) and was presented with the image in question accompanied by the multiple choice boxes containing snippets of reference strings.  I 'copied' the Direct Link snippet having the label of 'BBC Code' as directed but when I 'pasted' that in my empty Error Report box, nothing happened, i.e., my image did not appear.  Any suggestions?  The image would be very helpful in showing you the problem I am really trying to report.  Without it, I am stuck.  

Thanks for the quick reponse, Tim (and I really did copy the BBCode entry, not the BBC Code which doesn't exist) but as far as I can tell, your instructions are exactly what I am doing - except when I make that final paste of the copied BBCode into my report window, nothing happens, i.e., no image appears.  Note, the image did appear on the screen where I select the BBCode which is why I think I at least got the image to the remote storage site.  

Also, I tried an experiment of opening a blank page in Notepad and just pasting whatever was on my clipboard into the blank Notepad window, and the desired BBCode string did show up there.  That tells me something is blocking my ability to paste into the Orbx reporting window.  I use Norton Internet Security for my system.  Is there any setting you can think of that might be crucial to this action? 

Stan 

There  was a problem with cutting and pasting in IE 11 that did not occur in IE 10. There is a post on how to remedy it some were on the forum. Or you could use another browser such as Chrome.

I am really trying to report a texture anomaly and believe it would be more useful if I accompanied my request with a screenshot.  In order to submit a support request I have to first type the description into an entry box in the Payware Support part of the Orbx website.  The place I type into in order to do that is what I am referring as a report-window.  Actually, it is probably more accurately termed a report box.  It is also the place where one copies the BBCode string in order to place a screenshot.  In any event, when I put my cursor into that area and select 'paste' after first copying the BBCode string, nothing happens and my image does not appear.  So, I am stuck. 

However, Petfy may actually be onto something with his answer.  I am, in fact, using IE11 and I may have run into the 'bug'.  I will try to find the solution that he refers to here.

Stan 

Stan - are you in "BBCode" mode in the edit window when you paste your snippet? Try toggling the "light switch" icon at top left of the edit window.

Adam.

EDIT: This is using IE11 (for both the source/filehosting site and here):

[img=http://s20.postimg.org/dn7bdmpq5/swordfish_02_69_1350.jpg]

Which gives:

swordfish_02_69_1350.jpg

Archived