Monterey... the hard way.

Benny

Well, after so many hours trying to fix corrupted file, lost files, bad codec... I decided to do it back.

I hope is does justice to the beautiful Monterey Bay.

Available in 20P

>http://youtu.be/IWhSPlaW0M4

Ben

Very good...A couple of suggestions for your future endeavors that might make things more optimized for what you want to do. If you want the in-game sounds from the sim to be heard, I would recommend Shadowplay over FRAPS or Bandicam because it has NO effect on frames (IF you have an Nvidia graphic card). If you want to make a music video, I would recommend the FS-Recorder video renderer (available from the 2.18 alpha). Shadowplay won't eliminate stutters but as said does not affect frame rates or performance but the FS-Recorder renderer will be buttery smooth (but alas it has no sound) because it is non-real time rendering. If you see a super smooth flight sim video that has no in-game sounds (but usually has either music or sounds from real cockpit audio or radio comms instead), it is probably done with the alpha FS-Recorder renderer. This method is very prevalent with promotional videos because stutters don't sell add-ons.

Very good...A couple of suggestions for your future endeavors that might make things more optimized for what you want to do. If you want the in-game sounds from the sim to be heard, I would recommend Shadowplay over FRAPS or Bandicam because it has NO effect on frames (IF you have an Nvidia graphic card). If you want to make a music video, I would recommend the FS-Recorder video renderer (available from the 2.18 alpha). Shadowplay won't eliminate stutters but as said does not affect frame rates or performance but the FS-Recorder renderer will be buttery smooth (but alas it has no sound) because it is non-real time rendering. If you see a super smooth flight sim video that has no in-game sounds (but usually has either music or sounds from real cockpit audio or radio comms instead), it is probably done with the alpha FS-Recorder renderer. This method is very prevalent with promotional videos because stutters don't sell add-ons.

Thanks Ship. This was made with Bandicam. I can't use Shadowplay with my GTX590... of what I know. I have another post here on my saga with original AVI Bandicam file. No way I can use them on 2 of my rig with either Power Director 13 or Corel X6. I had to convert them all to MPEG so Cyberlink Power Director 13 would not crash.

I have FS recorder also and use it time to time.

Yep, the stutters. they don't show much on my original 700meg file? Well, I really don't see any, just looking at it right now. I see that there is some on Youtube?

Anyway, I had a blast doing it. I guess that the ORBX gang liked it enough to put it on their product page.

Ben

Nice episode from beginning to end with uplifting music.  Apparently you fixed all the codec and file problems.  But I know what you mean ....  I have started back from the beginning a half dozen times by reloading it all.  Now I keep a clone of my hard drive just in case!

Really nice music too!  What is it?

It's stated directly on my Youtube page.

Dexter Britain -The Time To Run (Finale)

You should also listen to the (Start) one.

I love what this guy does.

Nice episode from beginning to end with uplifting music.  Apparently you fixed all the codec and file problems.  But I know what you mean ....  I have started back from the beginning a half dozen times by reloading it all.  Now I keep a clone of my hard drive just in case!

I know what you mean. I still have some trouble but will find out why when I have a second.

Ben

Archived