strange tiles appearing: where did I go wrong?

Rodger Pettichord

Help! I've been flying out of Istanbul in ORBX EuropeLC. Suddenly, I'm getting strange scenery tiles popping in and out of the landscape. The tiles are flat, have nothing to do with the local scenery, and come and go. I must have pushed the wrong button, pulled the wrong lever, or flipped the wrong switch. In any case, I'm pretty sure it is me and not the program that has caused the problem. Any guidance? Thanks!

Thanks for the replies. My "hybrid" button has completely disappeared from the FTX Central enable buttons, and I now have two "Global"-enable buttons. I have tried enabling both Global and Europe, assuming that EuropeLC would work in one or the other, but I still get the strange intrusive scenery tiles. Have I screwed up the basic system and thus have to uninstall/reinstall? Wish I was better at in inner workings of things.

A quick follow-up. In an earlier support-forum entry, someone noted that EuropeLC per se is enabled only through the "Global" enable-button. The Europe button covers only the British Isles sophisticated package (this is what Voyager was saying above). I need go home and try that tip (we don't have internet at home, so I come to a public library for Forum work). Now if I can just figure out where the Hybrid button has gone to. Thanks to all for the suggestions--all further ones would be welcome.

Problem solved! It was an issue of Scenery Library priority placement. The User PDF for Global notes the correct layer-order for FTX/Global/Vector/OpenLC entries into the library. A very helpful "How To" PDF offered by an ORBX developer shows how to get it all sorted out. Thanks to all who offered help!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived