How Do You Disable AEC?

ifrevets

I had to look it up the other day myself, but it's fairly simple... Go into FTX Vector Configurator and click on the right most tab labeled Airport Elevation Corrections.  Type the ICAO for airport in question into the box below "AEC is enabled for" then click "disable" in the box to the right.  You should then see the ICAO code show up in the "Disabled" and you're set for that particular airport.  

Truthfully, any time you install a new airport scenery, whether it be payware or freeware, I personally run the auto configurator, also under the Airport Elevation Correction tab. It really doesn't take that much longer, especially if there are multiple sceneries involved. The advantage here is we know what airports need it or not before we release them. However, with non-Orbx sceneries you pretty much have to load the sceneries into sim to find out if AEC has to be disabled or not. In the time it takes you to do all that, the auto-configurator is much faster. Just my 2 cents, adjusted for inflation.

Cheers,

Todd

The Global Freeware Packs list individual airports that "require" disabling to display properly that have been checked by the developer.  It is quicker to open the VECTOR Configuration tool and disable the 'few' aiports that are listed all at once, (run the disable for each, then Apply).  The Autoconfiguration routine takes several min. on my install due to the number of airports it checks.

Thanks to all of you for your replies.

Much appreciated.

The reason I asked was I looked in Google Earth for an airport from which to fly around the new Yosemite Valley freeware scenery

and I found E45 Pine Top Mountain and when I loaded it the airport was broken up into parts above the mountain and below.

I followed your good instructions and ran FTX Vector Configuration and disabled E45 and now everything is working.

:D  Now I can go and see if I can find El Capitan and Half Dome  :D

Cheers!

ifrevets

EDIT:

I spoke too soon. :footmouth:

It worked when FTX Central  was set to FTX Global.

But when I switched to North America (I have FTX NA Northern California V1.1 installed)

to use the FAT scenery the airport and the mountains alternated on the sceen.

I don't know how to upload a screen shot to show but I think  you know what I mean.

Is there a way  to fix the elevation issue and still use North America in FTX Central?

:(ifrevets :(

Thanks to all of you for your replies.

Much appreciated.

The reason I asked was I looked in Google Earth for an airport from which to fly around the new Yosemite Valley freeware scenery

and I found E45 Pine Top Mountain and when I loaded it the airport was broken up into parts above the mountain and below.

I followed your good instructions and ran FTX Vector Configuration and disabled E45 and now everything is working.

:D  Now I can go and see if I can find El Capitan and Half Dome  :D

Cheers!

ifrevets

heading 060 degree from Mariposa/Yosemite Airport [O68 icao]  :)

EDIT:

I spoke too soon. :footmouth:

It worked when FTX Central  was set to FTX Global.

But when I switched to North America (I have FTX NA Northern California V1.1 installed)

to use the FAT scenery the airport and the mountains alternated on the sceen.

I don't know how to upload a screen shot to show but I think  you know what I mean.

Is there a way  to fix the elevation issue and still use North America in FTX Central?

:(ifrevets :(

Yes, you will need to run the AEC tool again with the full fat region active. This should clear your elevation issue. The AEC tool will read whatever scenery is currently active in your FSX scenery.cfg so if you then activate or deactivate one of the regions, that changes the scenery that is active and you need to run the tool again.

One tip is to set FTX Central to Global in Hybrid mode, run the AEC tool, then you know it is correctly set for any region you go to. It will also work for any area in Global outside of the regions. The only way you'll have problems with that is if you then fly in the area of a region but don't activate it first in FTX Central.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Stu.

• 3 years later...
On 10/25/2014 at 8:48 PM, Todd Harrell said:

Truthfully, any time you install a new airport scenery, whether it be payware or freeware, I personally run the auto configurator, also under the Airport Elevation Correction tab. It really doesn't take that much longer, especially if there are multiple sceneries involved. The advantage here is we know what airports need it or not before we release them. However, with non-Orbx sceneries you pretty much have to load the sceneries into sim to find out if AEC has to be disabled or not. In the time it takes you to do all that, the auto-configurator is much faster. Just my 2 cents, adjusted for inflation.

Cheers,

Todd

Tnx for your post Todd. It has already been 3.5 years since you posted your post but for me it still is an advise that worked! Yesterday I bought the new Ciampino X scenery from Aerosoft. I also use various ORBX products in P3Dv4.2 After installing Ciampino X and starting a first test, the runway was kinda obstructed, and surrounded by sort of "mountains" and I saw an airplane parked aloft. So I guess the runway was in a sink hole. I started the FTX Vector AEC auto-configurator and pressed the "update" button as soon as the auto-configurator was ready. It worked.

Archived