Rainy day in P3D2.4 with PrecipitFX, 11s, and the RealAir Duke

z06z33

Does PrecipitFX work fully with P3Dv2.4 ? According to their website, ref. a P3D version, quote: Our effects aren't optimized for DirectX 11 right now. We are working on it. 

"Hi guys, Keven here, from FSFX Packages.

I'm happy about the results shown in screenshots above. Prepar3D looks amazing and we can't wait to have PrecipitFX and other products released for it. 

Currently, there is a problem with the way effects are interacting with the ground in P3D preventing us from porting engine blasts and wheel sprays. We don't want to simply release the FSX version for Prepar3D, we want to enhance it to take full advantage of Prepar3D's added performance and optimized graphics. Rain and snow textures will probably remain as they are but wingtip vortices will be enhanced and so will engine blasts and wheel sprays.

I hope you guys all like this package! It's the first step in a series of effects packages of incredible quality"

So basically it works with the exception of the things listed above. I bought it for the rain and snow effect alone as FSX and P3D's stock ones are really bad. As you can see from the video PrecipitFX is a major improvement.

This video has convinced me to get PrecipitFX when it becomes fully available for P3D. It looks more than just a gimmick and a real great enhancement to have. 

Really love the rain effect on the windscreen and at last, that tunnel vision effect looks like its gone.

Very nice, cheers John  

Archived