FS Active Fires program

Mike62

I stumbled across this cool little program and thought I would share the link.   This program downloads all of the active forest/brush fires worldwide to FSX.  Sorry I could not find any instructions.   One forum posted suggested putting this file in the FSX Modules folder.   I did that but also put it on my task bar so that I could start it from outside of the simulator.     What worked good for me was to start the simulator, then start this program, connect it to FSX and download the data and if needed install the fire animation effect.   It will even load your default aircraft with engines running in flight, near a random fire in the world.   The program has a link to the website where it receives the data and it is possible to download a google earth file of the data.   This is what I used so I could depart from a local airport and fly to the fires.   https://github.com/ollyau/FSActiveFires/releases

Have fun,

Mike

Reading through your posting reminds me of a software we had years ago for FS9, called "FSBlaze", which doesn't work in FSX.

It would be great to learn/understand more of this new "FSActiveFires" software, how to install, how to handle, and what the results in FSX are.

Well, a lot of stuff to read.

I have problems with "FSActiveFires.exe".

(FSX is off)  Running this software as admin (Win 7 64 bit), "Install Model" creates a folder \Fire_Effect im SimObjects\Misc.

When clicking "Download Data" the software crashes (internet connection is permanent).

Any advice?

- Crash

FSActiveFires.exe  doesn't work anymore, looking dor a solution... close program

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: FSActiveFires.exe, Version: 0.1.2.0, Zeitstempel: 0x53980e00
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: KERNELBASE.dll, Version: 6.1.7601.18409, Zeitstempel: 0x53159a86
Ausnahmecode: 0xe0434352
Fehleroffset: 0x0000c42d
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x530
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01cfe9ee2976ad2e
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: D:\_Downloads\FSActiveFires.exe
==> Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll
Berichtskennung: 69575e2f-55e1-11e4-8fff-00248c2b1c12

All Germans crashing ::) Mmm.. could it be something to do with language and integer settings? Maybe user profile settings?

Do you think its an language thing? In this case its better to contact the dev.

Anyway in my case im using P3D2.4 with FSX ACC Simconnect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So far I have not had any crashes (I live in the U.S.).   I put the file in the FSX Modules folder per the active sky forum where I first discovered this program and also put it on my Windows Task Bar.   I load FSX then start the FS Active Fires program, connect and download the data.   I did not try to have it automatically start when the simulator starts.    Also did you install the fire effect, I would not think so but that could be an issue.

Mike

Archived